Browning Cynergy

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Browning Cynergy

Post by Shootermick » 05 Jul 2022, 6:16 pm

I think these have been discontinued.
But, did/does anyone own one? Particularly the synthetic stock model.?
How did the stock/grip inlays wear? I also heard that they are a bit front heavy.?
Any other pros or cons?
Use would be just a farm/duck gun, and the occasional social clay shoot.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Browning Cynergy

Post by solarpak » 10 Jul 2022, 8:09 pm

Mick,
the Cynergy is still in production according to the Browning USA site.
A nice shotgun - but radical in its design when compared to the Browning / Miroku O/U platform.
If the price is right it will certainly fit the bill - but you don't usually see stocks / fore-ends on the second-hand market .

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by mchughcb » 10 Jul 2022, 9:07 pm

I've used one. Mate has one. No problems so far with the rubber inlays. I don't think its front heavy. Its perfect for a farm gun because its synthetic and the barrel is hydro dipped. Its certainly feels different to my Miroku Mk70 max 5 camo with its hydro dipped wooden stock. Other than that its strong action and well built. The recoil pad really seems to work on heavy field loads.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 13 Jul 2022, 4:34 pm

mchughcb wrote:I've used one. Mate has one. No problems so far with the rubber inlays. I don't think its front heavy. Its perfect for a farm gun because its synthetic and the barrel is hydro dipped. Its certainly feels different to my Miroku Mk70 max 5 camo with its hydro dipped wooden stock. Other than that its strong action and well built. The recoil pad really seems to work on heavy field loads.

Which would you prefer? Dipped wooden stock mk 70 or the Cynergy?
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 13 Jul 2022, 8:27 pm

Difficult to say. When I bought the Mk70 it was sight unseen and I assumed the stock was synthetic but it wasn't. However so far its held up pretty well in the rain so no complaints. I think you would be happy with either.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.