When is,,, "enough is enough"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: When is,,, "enough is enough"

Post by mchughcb » 06 Aug 2022, 9:16 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Just reading the news over breakfast.

How about 100,000 North Korean "volunteers" thrown in the mix with Russian forces?

Whsts the bet NK end up with 100,000 defectors if they send them

NK are supporting Russia but I doubt the Russians will need them for anything other than cheap labour for reconstruction. Plenty of Koreans were shipped into Ukraine via Stalin but I can't see that happening now. There's a few cities that are going to have to be rebuilt if military action stops before winter.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 06 Aug 2022, 9:22 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Thats right, the next 3 generations.

I can feel a power orgy coming on between Russia, China and NK. They're already beginning to exchange spit.

The only NATO country that has spent more time negotiating with the Russians is Turkey. The Turks know exactly how to negotiate to get the best outcome for them. They are already fighting against Syria, the Kurds and having a go in Armenia. Russians summer tourists provide a lot of income for Turkey and they want that money coming back into country as fast as possible.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 06 Aug 2022, 9:24 am

cz515 wrote:That's a good point...Ukraine soldiers told to retreat.

Ohh sorry officer i dropped my "expensive" militarily great and retreated.

Supposedly that's how the Russians have got their brand new caesers and himars systems. Take to the front, hide in a shed, retreat with brown paper bag.

WTF is going to know :lol:
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 06 Aug 2022, 9:28 am

Well when is enough, enough? When when the arbitrary sanctions on Russian energy are lifted. The EU is kicking an own goal in the Ukraine. Sanctions may hurt the Russians but talk about cutting your nose off despite your face means the Russians will stay warm over winter while the EU freezes to death.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/uknews/e ... 51bcd5969f
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 06 Aug 2022, 9:45 am

Lazarus wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
mchughcb wrote:
cz515 wrote:Which begs the question, where is all that weapons Europe and America been giving to Ukraine...i reckon you might most of it at your local African warlord

German has confirmed today that they assurances that all weapons given to Ukraine are carefully documented so they can be traced.

Guess we are about to see that stuff end up in Serbia and Iran next.

What a load of frog shet. Pure speculation. Please stop smoking that weed.

You're just feeding the chooks OB.

I found if you stop, they get bored and move on.

Wish they would. So do a few others here.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 08 Aug 2022, 7:49 am

Well that old line keeps pushing west. if Bakmut falls soon its all going to happen pretty quickly. Looks like the Russians have brought another 50,000 troops down to Kershon. They aren't going to repel anything massive counter attack by Ukraine there, looks like a massive build up to push north and west.

I guess the Ukrainian's didn't like the amnesty international report either, how dare amnesty accuse the Ukrainians of setting up in civilian areas, so in response the Ukrainians are now bombing the nuclear power station because they claim the Russians are hiding there. Won't be for long because they'll be on the attack again and moving west.

I feel this is the beginning of the end. Thank god.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Billo » 08 Aug 2022, 9:54 am

Russian has now committed over 85% of its field army in the Invasion and fatigue is starting to take its toll, the eastern flank seems to have stalled and is losing ground and the Russians appear to be with drawing troops to hang onto their southern gains. Failing oil price and internal unrest are starting to weigh on Putin, he is banking on the West losing interest in the conflict, Big and I say Big gamble, the next month could be interesting......
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 08 Aug 2022, 10:09 am

85% of their field army. Wow... you mean they have sent more then half a million people to Ukraine, add in about 100k from its allies and mercenaries.

Or you just making things up to counter mchughcb
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Billo » 08 Aug 2022, 10:25 am

cz take a breath mate and just absorb the intel, even troops from Russia's far east have even been called up.

It also doesn't help when HIMAR's are striking Russia artillery dumps from up to 50 miles away. HIMAR is forcing Russians to move Fuel and Artillery dumps even further from the front line. Do you play chess cz 515 ? :lol:
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 08 Aug 2022, 10:37 am

I am chill. Just trying to imagine your statements, depending on how you define field army, my assessment of half a million personnel is not wrong. So my question was with that many ppl in Ukraine that be a hell of a lot of dead ppl rotting away... or maybe your assessment is slightly off.

You must have been seeing the latest news videos of nikocado avocado to come up with your numbers
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 08 Aug 2022, 12:08 pm

Like many people, I get my info about this from military and intelligence newsletters and the numbers billo is approximating are ballpark correct CZ.

The Russians haven't got the memo mate, they are still running on Soviet doctrine.

They don't have a professional senior sergeant's corp like the west, their officers do that sort of job, they have micromanagement from generals on the battlefield which is why they've lost so many.

The troops have no latitude for initiative so aren't trained to use any.

Then factor in the inbuilt paranoia from top to bottom, conscripts who don't know why they're fighting, the only recourse in that situation is scale.

If you have an outdated and inefficient military you do what China did in Korea, human waves.

I don't know where you get your info but I would respectfully suggest a broader range of sources.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2022/ ... em/366586/

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Journal ... sian-ncos/
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by mickb » 09 Aug 2022, 12:02 pm

Billo wrote:cz take a breath mate and just absorb the intel,

:

Media reports arent intel.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by cz515 » 09 Aug 2022, 1:55 pm

Bit scary when Ukraine start ageing the biggest nuclear power plant in Europe.

After the Russians took it over
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Billo » 09 Aug 2022, 9:02 pm

mickb wrote:
Billo wrote:cz take a breath mate and just absorb the intel,

:

Media reports arent intel.

Hey I didnt post a media link, but in the first month of the Ukrainians getting HIMARs they destroyed 20 Russian Artillery and Fuel dumps, 10 days late they had taken out 50 Russian A&F dumps. No idea what the current count is but you can do your own research and let me know. :drinks:

And its not just dumps they are targeting but Russian command posts too :D
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Billo » 09 Aug 2022, 9:09 pm

OK mickb here are 24 x 200lb Yankee Polli Pops for the Russian to enjoy, Max range is only 57 miles. :thumbsup:

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/08/vid ... taneously/
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 10 Aug 2022, 1:19 am

They are so short of ammo they can only fire a couple of rounds a day as the Russians have blown up their stores. How many himars have been blown up already, 6?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Aug 2022, 4:21 am

None as yet. These things are on loan and not cheap. Clear stipulations on how you can use them and American intelligence has full access to where they are at all times.
If Ukraine was to attack Russia that would be a major problem. Defence of territory only.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Aug 2022, 4:30 am

They’re not short of anything. Been stockpiling frugally from the start.
It’s just the more we can give the quicker it’s over.
Theres some debate with all that aid Ukraine, whether to freeze this as it is at let Russia occupy what they have left.
But they can’t have Kherson obviously.
But Ukraine is kinda angry at what’s been done to them, understandably. They want all of them of their soil.
Obviously there’s a lot of Ukrainian resistance in occupied territory and that complicates gaining some sort of stability if we were to freeze it.
The other obvious requirement is putler stops hiding in his hole like a little bitch and comes out and talks to us.
Last edited by womble on 10 Aug 2022, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Aug 2022, 4:36 am

Russias second offensive has gained 165 square kilometres in one month, not really useful real estate either.
Considering the burn rate of personnel supplies stores equipment to gain an inch.
I think maybe they picked on the wrong world.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Aug 2022, 4:43 am

:cry: they did lose one of our bushmasters though.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by perentie » 10 Aug 2022, 7:30 am

perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 10 Aug 2022, 8:33 am

The only thing believable is the UA used up their himars rockets in 3 days. Hence they are now down to using a couple a day. Not going to change the outcome of anything.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 10 Aug 2022, 8:37 am

Not one counter offensive that has been sustained for more than a couple of days. Russians are already in bakmut.

Very soon they are going to break through kershon or kramatorsk. The UA can't defend such a big front.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Aug 2022, 8:58 am

After all the talk, looks to me not much has changed.

Screenshot_20220805-231954_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220805-231954_DuckDuckGo.jpg (466.83 KiB) Viewed 80427 times

Screenshot_20220810-085255_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-085255_DuckDuckGo.jpg (352.43 KiB) Viewed 80427 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 10 Aug 2022, 9:32 am

It has . The areas in purple are of the highest strategic value.
However, overall Russia has gained more grown in the month of July. And that is a turnaround.
You have internet and you can look at 24 hour satellite images of the battlefield. The west has nothing to hide.
In Russia you don't have that internet access unless you use a VPN. Which would get you thrown in jail
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Aug 2022, 9:54 am

But that is over 4 months.
Maps are April 21st and 7th August
Last edited by Oldbloke on 10 Aug 2022, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Billo » 10 Aug 2022, 10:41 am

Seem that those naught Ukraininan boyz might have gotten hold of some ATACMS, the strike on the Novofedorivka airbase in Crimea was more than a careless cigarette. :lol:
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Aug 2022, 11:03 am

That's interesting Billo.
Au has ordered a few too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGM-140_ATACMS

Screenshot_20220810-110131_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-110131_DuckDuckGo.jpg (209.21 KiB) Viewed 80411 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Billo » 10 Aug 2022, 11:52 am

Hey Oldbloke its not confirmed what the Ukrainians used but whatever it was it evaded the Russia air defense system LOL, striking some 300kms from the front line which will be making many Russian tourists enjoying the Ukranian hospitality nervous . :lol:

I suspect the Crimea will be receiving more attention in the lead up to XMAS. :thumbsup:
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 10 Aug 2022, 4:24 pm

Billo wrote:Hey Oldbloke its not confirmed what the Ukrainians used but whatever it was it evaded the Russia air defense system LOL, striking some 300kms from the front line which will be making many Russian tourists enjoying the Ukranian hospitality nervous . :lol:

I suspect the Crimea will be receiving more attention in the lead up to XMAS. :thumbsup:

It's all such a joke zelensky has been moved to his downtown bunker. I'm sure the Russians have a more than a few bunker busting bombs. Ready to go. Pretty soon Kiev is going to look like mariupol if they keep this up.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation