Lovex pistol powder shipment

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

Lovex pistol powder shipment

Post by bladeracer » 27 Mar 2022, 5:35 pm

Tigershark Ballistics are awaiting export permission for a shipment of powder from Europe.
I know nothing about this stuff but it may be something some of us will have to learn to like :-)

Whether they can distribute it out of Brisbane metro is the issue now I guess.
Attachments
Lovex pistol powder shipment.jpg
Lovex pistol powder shipment.jpg (133.3 KiB) Viewed 8119 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Lovex pistol powder shipment

Post by on_one_wheel » 27 Mar 2022, 5:38 pm

Pistol shooters rejoice
images (15).jpeg
images (15).jpeg (25.02 KiB) Viewed 8113 times
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 27 Mar 2022, 6:01 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Pistol shooters rejoice
images (15).jpeg

If you're up for a drive to Brisbane :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 27 Mar 2022, 6:53 pm

I may have too!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Mar 2022, 7:02 pm

bladeracer wrote:
images (15).jpeg

Pt Wilson has been back in business for a while, shipment may arrive here first. If so it would be financially sensible to arrange local distribution (if any, it's only 450 Kg so perhaps Qld has spoken for all of it) before shipping the balance to Brisbane. At any rate I hope all goes well and the importer is able to continue, now it just needs us to support them and tell ADI to F-off even when they (if) come back online. This Czech stuff is double base also. Look forward to a chance to try some, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 27 Mar 2022, 7:47 pm

bladeracer wrote:
images (15).jpeg

The money you'd save on used guns pistol powder prices would cover the fuel.
Probably a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial, powder scalping, market cornering, price gouging person or two. :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by dnedative » 27 Mar 2022, 8:55 pm

450kg would be a trail run I would imagine, probably the bare minimum worth all the effort for.
If it turns up without issues and its good I reckon then I reckon the next shipment will be everything they can buy, if the pricing isnt half bad they will probably have the entire next shipment sold before it even gets loaded over there.
dnedative
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 28 Mar 2022, 2:05 am

Lovex, known as Shooter's World here in the USA seems to have an excellent reputation and was going to obtain some for 300 Blackout(they make 3 different powders suitable for blackout) and also some pistol powder, but since Covid it has been sparse on the ground.

When I can obtain some I will be doing some Youtube video projects with it.

If a distributor in Australia can get supply going that will be a big help to you all.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bladeracer » 28 Mar 2022, 10:25 am

No1Mk3 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
images (15).jpeg

Pt Wilson has been back in business for a while, shipment may arrive here first. If so it would be financially sensible to arrange local distribution (if any, it's only 450 Kg so perhaps Qld has spoken for all of it) before shipping the balance to Brisbane. At any rate I hope all goes well and the importer is able to continue, now it just needs us to support them and tell ADI to F-off even when they (if) come back online. This Czech stuff is double base also. Look forward to a chance to try some, Cheers.

They said they don't have any means in place to distribute it to other dealers yet, so if you're not in Brisbane it seems you get nothing.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 28 Mar 2022, 10:32 am

They currently don't have their own store and mail order projectiles and other items directly, clearly that won't be an option with powder so I assume they will have a way to distribute it to their existing dealer network. The QLD ones shouldn't be too difficult and there is one in NSW which they may also be able to supply and even one in WA but that could take them a while to arrange.

https://tigersharkballistics.com.au/pages/stockists
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 28 Mar 2022, 10:44 am

rc42 wrote:They currently don't have their own store and mail order projectiles and other items directly, clearly that won't be an option with powder so I assume they will have a way to distribute it to their existing dealer network. The QLD ones shouldn't be too difficult and there is one in NSW which they may also be able to supply and even one in WA but that could take them a while to arrange.

They responded directly on FB that they do not have any means to distribute the powder as yet. They can clearly move it around the metro area themselves if they wish to but they can't courier it anywhere.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by gunnnie » 29 Mar 2022, 5:57 pm

Spoke to the guys and the first run is a trial to confirm the whole process is viable and meets with legal aspects both here and OS.
The pricing will be higher than potential follow up shipments.
I will be looking to trial several of the planned powder types being brought in, rifle, pistol & shotgun. As it is I have to plan ahead to write Thales off the list and work with Alliant and Lovex powders are it seems those two will be the most readily available to support my needs.
Next will be sourcing primers from Europe to replace the poor supply of US brands.
Good to see an Aussie shooting company/business getting off its arse and making a serious effort to support Australian shooters. They'll be getting my business.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 17 Aug 2022, 8:48 am

The latest on this attempt to bring in a shipment of pistol powder.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-17 084622.jpg
Screenshot 2022-08-17 084622.jpg (82.15 KiB) Viewed 7083 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 17 Aug 2022, 1:55 pm

bladeracer wrote:
rc42 wrote:They currently don't have their own store and mail order projectiles and other items directly, clearly that won't be an option with powder so I assume they will have a way to distribute it to their existing dealer network. The QLD ones shouldn't be too difficult and there is one in NSW which they may also be able to supply and even one in WA but that could take them a while to arrange.

They responded directly on FB that they do not have any means to distribute the powder as yet. They can clearly move it around the metro area themselves if they wish to but they can't courier it anywhere.

Blade there must be another distributor for ADI Powder because all this time everybody's been whinging about not being able to get powder the amount of times I've been into my local and seen 15 to 20 cartons of everything from 2207 2225 I have lost count
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 17 Aug 2022, 2:12 pm

deye243 wrote:Blade there must be another distributor for ADI Powder because all this time everybody's been whinging about not being able to get powder the amount of times I've been into my local and seen 15 to 20 cartons of everything from 2207 2225 I have lost count

That's because those are rifle powders, there is no issue with most rifle powders.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 17 Aug 2022, 10:11 pm

So they panic because it's a double bassed powder yet they let a Truck Load of petrol go up and down the road time and time again
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Aug 2022, 10:40 pm

Petrol burns, gun powder explodes. Although that is an over simplified.

Kg for kg, explosives are potentially far more dangerous. But that makes expensive to transport.

In addition. If petrol ignites and burns, it can be extinguished, not easy but can be.

Explosives, if they burn rather than explode, in the vast majority of situations it's impossible to extinguish.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 18 Aug 2022, 3:39 am

Well I am lost for words on that comment I'm afraid
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 18 Aug 2022, 6:43 am

deye243 wrote:So they panic because it's a double based powder yet they let a Truck Load of petrol go up and down the road time and time again

I'm not sure which comment you're responding to.
Nobody has put their hand up to be licenced to transport smokeless powders commercially in Australia, thus we can't order powders online and have them delivered. Ammunition and primers have similar requirements, but for years TNT had the required compliances to transport both. Last September they decided to pull out of that compliance, leaving us with no commercial courier licenced for transport. We still have no commercial option for transporting ammo, though various companies have managed to organise their own means of transporting, NIOA being the biggest I'm aware of. They can get the ammo to the dealers, but dealers can't then courier it to anybody else.

If you want somebody to blame for not being able to get ammo and primers - blame TNT first (for opting out with little warning - I had an order for 20,000rds of ammo in place with Rebels when TNT pulled the pin). Then you can blame all the other large courier companies for not choosing to fill the gap - I just don't think we're a big enough market to bother with the licencing requirements. As for powders, I guess we need to blame the laws that made it unviable for anybody to choose to carry the required licencing. ADI screwed up big time, but if our laws weren't such a mess we would've had little issue using powders from other manufacturers - our laws make that nigh impossible. There were rumours that somebody was going to set up a courier company just to deal within the firearms industry, I think it was NIOA. I think they have made steps in that direction, but currently it's only working within the industry, and not yet available to dealers and shooters. In February it took four weeks for a truck to get ammo from Brisbane down to Eastern Victoria, I believe that has improved now. As you are aware, dealers have excellent supplies currently of the primers and powders that are actually available. ADI Pistol/shotgun powders still don't exist, other manufacturer's powders do dribble in but are snapped up before they even arrive due to demand. Some primers are still in that position, they exist but not for long due to demand.

The Lovex importation is a very different situation. It seems to me to be an issue of simply getting a place on a ship rather than any legal compliances. That is the current situation for anybody trying to transport stuff internationally due the changes made in the transport industry during covid. Many, many ships, aircraft, trucks, etc simply got laid off as there was no work to pay for them. The various quarantine regs still in place have greatly slowed down the time it takes to book a place on a ship and actually get your freight onboard that ship. Thus the value of a cubic meter of "empty space" skyrocketed. It really does seem to be down to the whim of the guys driving the fork lifts in the warehouses as to which crate they happen to find easiest to load into that last little spot in a container.

Following US groups they seem to be very much on top of the shortages now, large quantities of primers, powders and ammo are showing up on shelves. The fast Hodgdon-branded powders are still produced by General Dynamics in Canada so they can get it down into the US. It does not seem to be viable to get it all the way to Australia though. I would have thought that would be a better option to import from than Europe, but Tigershark must've had their reasons - perhaps ADI contracts prevent anybody else from importing ADI powders into Australia.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Boundry Rider » 19 Aug 2022, 8:52 am

I had a conversation with Rebel regarding a 5000 order, apparently Northline refused to open an account for them. Since that conversation (2weeks ago) I have read in other news that Northline has now adopted the same policy as TNT where there is no longer transport of firearms or ammunition. The TNT issue was apparently due to being taken over by FedEx, reportedly an anti gun company
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 26 Aug 2022, 6:49 pm

Latest news is better.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-26 184819.jpg
Screenshot 2022-08-26 184819.jpg (132.6 KiB) Viewed 6763 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2022, 6:57 pm

Wow, $240 1kg
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 26 Aug 2022, 7:30 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Wow, $240 1kg

Yep, it's steep, but at least with pistols you use very light charges so you do get a decent amount of ammo out of your $240.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Aug 2022, 10:20 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Wow, $240 1kg

Yep, it's steep, but at least with pistols you use very light charges so you do get a decent amount of ammo out of your $240.

Agree. I guess it's a start. A good thing considering the current state of affairs.

With larger shipments price should drop?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 28 Aug 2022, 5:48 pm

Pre-order emails have been sent out by Tigershark today to existing customers to give them the first opportunity to reserve some powder from the initial 450kg shipment.
Obviously the powder will have to be collected from a small number of QLD dealers or from Tigershark directly in Brisbane.

Indicative pricing is $120 per 500g tub which is only available when purchasing 1,000 projectiles and there is currently a maximum of 2 tubs per customer.

That's almost a million projectiles about to be sold, great business idea if it works out.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by geoff » 28 Aug 2022, 10:27 pm

rc42 wrote:Pre-order emails have been sent out by Tigershark today to existing customers to give them the first opportunity to reserve some powder from the initial 450kg shipment.
Obviously the powder will have to be collected from a small number of QLD dealers or from Tigershark directly in Brisbane.

Indicative pricing is $120 per 500g tub which is only available when purchasing 1,000 projectiles and there is currently a maximum of 2 tubs per customer.

That's almost a million projectiles about to be sold, great business idea if it works out.

Agreed. They were always going to be able to move the powder in the current climate. Once it lands, that would never be a problem.

So forcing people to buy their projies at the same time? Genius hustle imo
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Tiger650 » 28 Aug 2022, 11:02 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:
bladeracer wrote:
images (15).jpeg

Thinking you are referring to the Pt Wilson explosives jetty on Corio Bay ?.
If so I would be most interested to hear details, back in '99 I installed fire pumps and a generator out on the jetty head, Fed Govt money as they were about to open a new Naval / Defence ordnance depot in Twofold Bay.. :crazy:
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 29 Aug 2022, 6:30 am

geoff wrote:Agreed. They were always going to be able to move the powder in the current climate. Once it lands, that would never be a problem.

So forcing people to buy their projies at the same time? Genius hustle imo

People are moaning that they have plenty of bullets already, they just need powder. But they only need to find 450 customers that don't mind having even more bullets and they're set. I'm sure they'll move all the powder and all the bullets, but some won't be happy with the company or their strategy...and still won't have any powder. I'm interested to see whether they think they can bring in another shipment any quicker or any cheaper.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 29 Aug 2022, 7:18 am

Just prices you can't make everyone happy.

Its a business and business is about making money. They are Not a charity. So if they have decided they want you to buy 1k projs (about $150 more). So be it.

Or you can go to used gun and buy the 500g tubs for $500
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 29 Aug 2022, 7:59 am

cz515 wrote:Just prices you can't make everyone happy.

Its a business and business is about making money. They are Not a charity. So if they have decided they want you to buy 1k projs (about $150 more). So be it.

Or you can go to used gun and buy the 500g tubs for $500

Agreed, anybody that doesn't like the price is free to import their own.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Next

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers