Buckmaster PB12

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Re: Buckmaster PB12

Post by Slidebite » 08 Sep 2022, 1:29 pm

The stock adapter was from SJ hardware’s online store they also do one to suit stoeger. I did try the adapter on my dickinson t1000 and it did fit although the thread pitch in the receiver was different but would work with the correct sized stock bolt.

I know in NSW you can’t fit a magazine extension but you can get around that by replacing the entire tube with one of a higher capacity. Problem is nobody sells or makes longer tubes just screw on extensions.
Slidebite
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Empie » 23 Oct 2022, 3:14 pm

Anyone know if the short barrel is rifled?
Empie
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 23 Oct 2022, 3:34 pm

Empie wrote:Anyone know if the short barrel is rifled?

No idea but you could use a rifled choke tube.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Empie » 23 Oct 2022, 6:51 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Empie wrote:Anyone know if the short barrel is rifled?

No idea but you could use a rifled choke tube.

Thanks. I'm looking for something to put sabots through.
Empie
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by mchughcb » 23 Oct 2022, 9:46 pm

Buy some rottweil exact. You find them surprisingly accurate up to 100m.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Jakethefake » 01 Nov 2022, 2:35 pm

mchughcb wrote:Still won't outshoot a triple though.

It does on the fourth shot.
Jakethefake
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 02 Nov 2022, 11:38 pm

Jakethefake wrote:

Don't be so sure about that either.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Jakethefake » 03 Nov 2022, 9:01 pm

mchughcb wrote:
Jakethefake wrote:

Don't be so sure about that either.

Well I'd like so see someone get off the fourth shot with a triple faster than pressing the lever on the lever release. Assuming the lever release gun is functioning correctly and not jammed.
I haven't played with a lever release, but I can certainly get off a third, fourth and fifth shot off with my straight pull faster than I can with my double. Of course, the double wins the second shot every time.
Maybe some of those cowboy action guys can run a double or triple faster than a repeating shotgun.
Jakethefake
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by S O K A R » 15 Nov 2022, 12:35 am

I'd expect this to get reclassified in the near future after the review that clown ozzie reviews just did.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by bigpete » 15 Nov 2022, 7:37 am

S O K A R wrote:I'd expect this to get reclassified in the near future after the review that clown ozzie reviews just did.

Always the way
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by likeimjohnwayne » 15 Nov 2022, 3:27 pm

bigpete wrote:
S O K A R wrote:I'd expect this to get reclassified in the near future after the review that clown ozzie reviews just did.

Always the way

What the deal with this?

Does it bring negative exposure or something?

I noticed he made a big post on FB about it.
likeimjohnwayne
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by S O K A R » 15 Nov 2022, 6:34 pm

likeimjohnwayne wrote:
What the deal with this?

From my perspective, nothing wrong with the review itself.
My issue with his review is the need to demonstrate the rapid fire ability (on par with a pump action, if not quicker).
I know if I was part of an anti gun organisation, that would be the icing on the cake to push for it to be cat c or d.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by mchughcb » 15 Nov 2022, 10:41 pm

It fires lots of ammunitions - Sam Lee.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by idiomatically » 21 Nov 2022, 6:33 pm

Slidebite wrote:Bought a S&J hardware turkish to 870 stock adapter and fitted a magpul 870 sga stock. Feels 100 times better now. Also found the original charging handle quite sharp so I swapped it out for an extended charging handle from a F12 Typhoon semi auto fits perfectly and feels much nicer.

Okay please bare with me, as I am very new just got my FA license here in QLD and have a PB12 on order. Are these parts able to be ordered online and imported or do you have to go via dealer and convince them to order these items in for you? Thanks.
idiomatically
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 22 Nov 2022, 10:40 pm

S O K A R wrote:
likeimjohnwayne wrote:
What the deal with this?

From my perspective, nothing wrong with the review itself.
My issue with his review is the need to demonstrate the rapid fire ability (on par with a pump action, if not quicker).
I know if I was part of an anti gun organisation, that would be the icing on the cake to push for it to be cat c or d.

You know how hard it is to continually shoot the same static target 5 times and pretend it's a mob of pigs?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 05 Apr 2023, 10:58 pm

Last weekend it to shoot buckmaster and bushmeister.

Both jammed and took a while to clear.

My triple barrel wiped the floor with them never jammed and performed flawlessly.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 06 Apr 2023, 4:29 am

Triple threat got no rails. Needs more rails more mlok
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 06 Apr 2023, 4:33 am

Got no door breacher choke either.
Next to useless in the field
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 06 Apr 2023, 4:39 am

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 06 Apr 2023, 4:44 am

Might submit that pic with my pta actually
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 06 Apr 2023, 8:44 am

womble wrote:Might submit that pic with my pta actually

Lol, you can get rem choke door breacher for the top barrel and the USA version has a rail but ffs that's only necessary if he gun is jammed and the stick is broken.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by big matt » 12 Apr 2023, 4:46 pm

I got the tactical version last week and loving it so far . And if it does get reclassified it'll be grandfathered like my other 2 shotguns which are now Cat D in NSW but I can keep em as I got them as Cat A before the law changed. But hopefully it won't be.
Attachments
327141036_880715626405454_7350046389057327302_n.jpg
327141036_880715626405454_7350046389057327302_n.jpg (25.7 KiB) Viewed 3923 times
Last edited by big matt on 14 Apr 2023, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
big matt
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by S O K A R » 13 Apr 2023, 3:42 pm

big matt wrote:I got the tactical version last week and loving it so far, can put down 5 rounds in less than 2.5 seconds. And if it does get reclassified it'll be grandfathered like my other 2 shotguns which are now Cat D in NSW but I can keep em as I got them as Cat A before the law changed. But hopefully it won't be.

I'm most likely wrong, so correct me if I am.
But I thought the getting to keep reclassified firearms was only for a firearm that was reclassified via appearance laws?
Dare I say if the buckmaster is reclassified it won't be under the appearance law legislation...
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 13 Apr 2023, 5:45 pm

S O K A R wrote:
big matt wrote:I got the tactical version last week and loving it so far, can put down 5 rounds in less than 2.5 seconds. And if it does get reclassified it'll be grandfathered like my other 2 shotguns which are now Cat D in NSW but I can keep em as I got them as Cat A before the law changed. But hopefully it won't be.

I'm most likely wrong, so correct me if I am.
But I thought the getting to keep reclassified firearms was only for a firearm that was reclassified via appearance laws?
Dare I say if the buckmaster is reclassified it won't be under the appearance law legislation...

I don't think so, straight-pull guns were reclassified and grandfathered purely on mag capacity exceeding five-rounds.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by rc42 » 13 Apr 2023, 9:38 pm

It would be interesting to know if the government has an actual figure in mind for how many seconds it needs to take to fire 6 shots from a shotgun before it's too fast and must be banned. I suspect they don't and never will as having to justify decisions based on facts isn't their MO.

I could empty my Adler A110, mostly on target, in about 5 or 6 seconds, my Bushmeister BA-X12 is a little quicker in 3 or 4 seconds and the Buckmaster looks to be in the 2.5 to 3.5 seconds timeframe with some practice.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 14 Apr 2023, 3:16 am

There’s no actual figure.
Just hyperbole like rapid fire.
Or more specifically, farmers have no need for these high powered military assault armour piercing nuclear combat ballistic shotguns.
To which everyone would agree.
They do make a good case.
I don’t think you can lay blame on the government really. The government wouldn’t know what day it was.
Moreso over zealous police ministers seeking praise for averting a full scale genocide in their electorate.
This is about public safety. This is about children being able to walk to school without fear of being attacked by farmers.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by big matt » 14 Apr 2023, 12:06 pm

I don't think so, straight-pull guns were reclassified and grandfathered purely on mag capacity exceeding five-rounds.[/quote]

Interesting...I can understand that but both the MH12 and Berika black ops were Cat A which doesn't specify a round limit. Cat B, C and D have a round limit. I was wondering why they'd been reclassified, thought it was cause they look so military. Why couldn't they have had a plug or spacer fitted to make them only 5 round....some of the Berikas are still legal in NSW but the black ops isn't...I thought it was done on appearance....hmmm
big matt
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 14 Apr 2023, 4:55 pm

big matt wrote:I don't think so, straight-pull guns were reclassified and grandfathered purely on mag capacity exceeding five-rounds.

Interesting...I can understand that but both the MH12 and Berika black ops were Cat A which doesn't specify a round limit. Cat B, C and D have a round limit. I was wondering why they'd been reclassified, thought it was cause they look so military. Why couldn't they have had a plug or spacer fitted to make them only 5 round....some of the Berikas are still legal in NSW but the black ops isn't...I thought it was done on appearance....hmmm[/quote]

It didn't apply to me so I didn't get deeply into it. A CatC or CatD firearm can't be "converted" into a CatA/B firearm, even if you make it a single-shot it will always be a CatC or D firearm. Perhaps the thinking is the same with guns, if they reclassify a gun to be CatD because of its capacity, restricting the capacity back to 5rds doesn't stop it being a CatD gun.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gun-nut » 17 Apr 2023, 11:46 am

I thought all straight pulls were cat A and dont have magazine limits? And correct me if I'm wrong but lever releases are classed as Cat B the same as lever actions and therefore restricted to 5 rounds? I havent heard of any straight pulls being reclassified based on magazine capacity.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 18 Apr 2023, 4:13 am

It was just a NSW thing with those particular shotguns.
I believe one was banned and then unbanned and then banned again.
I don’t believe they ever gave reasons. Just because NSW
It’s a really dumb state. Second dumbest in the country.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.