Any ADI updates on Trail Boss or Pistol Powders?

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Post by Jackaroo » 18 Sep 2022, 4:51 pm

Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Any ADI updates on Trail Boss or Pistol Powders?

Post by bladeracer » 18 Sep 2022, 4:55 pm

Jackaroo wrote:Any ADI updates on Trail Boss or Pistol Powders?

I haven't heard anything recent. No updates on the website this year.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 18 Sep 2022, 6:18 pm

Keep on dreaming mate. That’s what we are all doin
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Jackaroo » 19 Sep 2022, 8:15 am

What's the problem....is it just a supply issue or something a lot more insidious?
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by No1_49er » 19 Sep 2022, 10:11 am

Jackaroo wrote:What's the problem....is it just a supply issue or something a lot more insidious?

Here's a suggestion for you; why not go to this web site [ http://www.adiworldclass.com.au/ ] and check what they have to say on their 'News' tab, or better yet, go to the 'About Us' - 'Contact Us' and ask them directly, instead of fishing for scuttlebutt and innuendo on a forum upon which there will inevitably be a thousand and one "opinions".
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 19 Sep 2022, 10:46 am

Jackaroo wrote:What's the problem....is it just a supply issue or something a lot more insidious?

Not insidious. ADI made a really bad decision to build their new line (that doesn't work) right over the old one (that did work). Consequently, upon finding it didn't work, they didn't have the option of simply going back to the old one. Until they can get the new line to work they can't produce any of the faster powders used in pistols and shotguns - AR2205 is the fastest powder they're still producing. There were always other options, but with the loss of these powders from ADI, there was suddenly more demand for the other manufacturer's (Alliant primarily) pistol powders than there ever had been, so it all disappeared immediately. Then Covid wiped out any chance of importing additional supplies. So we wait on ADI to fix their mess or somebody else to step up as a bulk importer, or somebody else to start manufacturing powders locally. NIOA did talk about building a plant a while back but I don't know if anything eventuated from that.

Since Ukraine I'm seeing more talk about increasing our military, so perhaps there is some more impetus behind getting local ammunition happening again.
Last edited by bladeracer on 19 Sep 2022, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Jackaroo » 19 Sep 2022, 2:39 pm

No1_49er wrote:

Here's a suggestion for you; why not go to this web site [ http://www.adiworldclass.com.au/ ] and check what they have to say on their 'News' tab, or better yet, go to the 'About Us' - 'Contact Us' and ask them directly, instead of fishing for scuttlebutt and innuendo on a forum upon which there will inevitably be a thousand and one "opinions".

You must be fun at parties ;)
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Sep 2022, 6:48 pm

Jackaroo wrote:
No1_49er wrote:

With an attitude like his I doubt he'd go to parties, I mean why bother when you can drink alone at home avoiding all the pointless innuendo infused conversations and stupid opinions :unknown:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by rc42 » 19 Sep 2022, 8:47 pm

Perhaps he's applied for a media role with the NSC and is still in character

:sarcasm:
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 19 Sep 2022, 9:43 pm

:lol:
Well know for sure when we start getting called Fudds and boot lickers
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 20 Sep 2022, 8:20 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:
No1_49er wrote:

With an attitude like his I doubt he'd go to parties, I mean why bother when you can drink alone at home avoiding all the pointless innuendo infused conversations and stupid opinions :unknown:

I was just going to say this question had been asked a dozen times already how about you search. And and post there asking the same question.

But i did like the way 49er replied. :thumbsup:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Sep 2022, 12:36 pm

Yes, people want it easy. And expect everyone to do their work for them.
The classic is asking for load data instead of checking manufacturers date themselves.
No1 49er was a bit rough, but fully understand why. You don't learn if your spoon fed all the time.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Jackaroo » 20 Sep 2022, 5:55 pm

Hey thread whingers.....I asked "Any ADI updates" I won't find that searching old threads will I, but I'm sure you've made yourselves feel important for 10 seconds, some people really need that in their lives.

It's a 'forum' for discussion.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 20 Sep 2022, 6:38 pm

ADI will likely just give the standard "We'll let you know when we know", or "Watch for updates on the News page" which really tells us nothing.
Last edited by bladeracer on 20 Sep 2022, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 20 Sep 2022, 7:45 pm

OK Jackaroo; now, in the words of Oldbloke, I'll be "a bit rough".
What f^king planet are you on?
You asked a question on a forum wherein you want "discussion". There IS NO Discussion.
If you had gone to the ADI web site, or asked them directly by email (the suggested locations/links were provided for you) you would have learned NOTHING MORE than what is already publicly available, from them.
As bladeracer said, "We'll let you know when we know".
If they can't tell us anything, what is so special about you?
Oh, that's right. You want to thrive on scuttlebutt and innuendo. And still learn nothing.
Please accept my apologies.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by dnedative » 20 Sep 2022, 7:48 pm

No official news; Some murmurings about trail boss getting made late 2022 along with 2205 but I have no recollection where I heard that.
Trailboss was the only real product they exported, Hodgdon would probably buy enough of a batch to make it worth while for ADI.

The plant can still make pistol powders, they just cant make a consistent product batch to batch the way its designed.
Its absolutely fixable but involves spending money, money on a product line that generates no real income. Maybe if Winchester were still loading pistol, rimfire and shotshell ammunition here there might of been enough of a case to fix it but eh, that ship sailed.
Last edited by dnedative on 20 Sep 2022, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dnedative
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Jackaroo » 20 Sep 2022, 7:51 pm

dnedative wrote:

No official news; Some murmurings about trail boss getting made late 2022 along with 2205 but I have no recollection where I heard that.
Trailboss was the only real product they exported, Hodgdon would probably buy enough of a batch to make it worth while for ADI.

Thanks, I can also imagine if and when the first batch arrives it will be snapped up like the toilet paper fiasco(s) and those who miss out will again be waiting.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Sep 2022, 8:26 pm

Drink tea, stay calm.
Have one on me.

Tea and scones.jpg
Tea and scones.jpg (66.69 KiB) Viewed 6077 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 20 Sep 2022, 8:37 pm

No1_49er wrote:OK Jackaroo; now, in the words of Oldbloke, I'll be "a bit rough".
What f^king planet are you on?
You asked a question on a forum wherein you want "discussion". There IS NO Discussion.
If you had gone to the ADI web site, or asked them directly by email (the suggested locations/links were provided for you) you would have learned NOTHING MORE than what is already publicly available, from them.
As bladeracer said, "We'll let you know when we know".
If they can't tell us anything, what is so special about you?
Oh, that's right. You want to thrive on scuttlebutt and innuendo. And still learn nothing.
Please accept my apologies.

Don't hold back...
Just come right out and show us your true colours :lol:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 21 Sep 2022, 6:21 am

Innuendoor facts....ok my friend drives an uber in the CBD and he heard some government officials taking about that ADI have gotten a major contact to supply pistol powder to thales, in their (thales & nioa) contact to supply the ADF. I also heard that noia are talking to a couple of pacific nations to supply their police forces. So it's gonna be mega.

Just don't share with others as it's hush hush... but you heard it here
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Jackaroo » 21 Sep 2022, 8:28 am

And shooters act surprised that authorities in power enjoy watching the old strategy of divide and conquer -
"to make a group of people disagree and fight with one another so that they will not join together against one".

But as long as those (and you know who you are) got your 10 seconds of keyboard warrior fame to lift your spirits temporarily in your life.

Yes, keep shooting each other in the foot.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Boundry Rider » 21 Sep 2022, 8:52 am

So this powder supply dilemma has no insidious vectors and somehow therefore it’s offensive to ask, until it does have insidious vectors

We’re not waiting for spoon feeding again are we?
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 21 Sep 2022, 9:52 am

Boundry Rider wrote:So this powder supply dilemma has no insidious vectors and somehow therefore it’s offensive to ask, until it does have insidious vectors

We’re not waiting for spoon feeding again are we?

If nobody had commented there would've been people posting that they were upset that nobody bothered to respond - you can't win :-)

But it is disappointing to see people jumping on others for having done nothing wrong at all. Asking questions of others is still a viable source of learning. Some of us have followed this issue very closely for years now, and yet we still get people popping up that have no idea there is an issue at all. Nobody knows everything about anything, until they start asking questions about the subject and gathering information.

The official line that companies put out when they're in trouble often tells us nothing useful, particularly in a situation of this sort where the only press release they can conceivably post is "We'll let you know when we know!". It's natural to want to learn more of what's happening behind the scenes. ADI initially offered late '22, early '23 as the potential time frame for new production, as we're approaching that now I guess we'll see a press release fairly soon to let us know if that is still viable - I suspect it's not though.
Last edited by bladeracer on 21 Sep 2022, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 21 Sep 2022, 10:27 am

Yes I don't understand what the whinging is all about.

It's in your best interest to keep talking about it and being vocal to let ADI they have a market for these powders and people want them. Companies a lot of times need pressure from customers to produce products they want. I email and message companies all the time via email and social media to let them know what I think or what I am interested in or liked or didn't like. Sometimes I get what I want and sometimes I don't. But it never hurts to ask.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigrich » 21 Sep 2022, 1:32 pm

cz515 wrote:Innuendoor facts....ok my friend drives an uber in the CBD and he heard some government officials taking about that ADI have gotten a major contact to supply pistol powder to thales, in their (thales & nioa) contact to supply the ADF. I also heard that noia are talking to a couple of pacific nations to supply their police forces. So it's gonna be mega.

Just don't share with others as it's hush hush... but you heard it here

military manufacturing is going to become a much bigger industry in this country . just looking at foreign companies setting up building munitions , armoured vehicles and aero based tech, things are ramping up . nioa wants to make primers here but the government owned plant was run down by the previous lease holder to such a point it needs to be rebuilt . 277 fury will make a good hunting round in future too ;)
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Sep 2022, 3:34 pm

NIOA are gearing up to manufacture munitions of some sort already. In QLD I think.

There was talk of AU making its own missiles. Don't know what come of it tho.

All I know in Gov and ADF need a cattle prod up their arses.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Jackaroo » 15 Dec 2022, 7:33 am

A change on ADI's website

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (58.08 KiB) Viewed 4939 times
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Dec 2022, 7:38 am

That will make a lot of people happy.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 15 Dec 2022, 12:20 pm

Finally a small step in the right direction perhaps!
If they can produce TB again the other fast powders might not be far away either.

Jackaroo wrote:A change on ADI's website

Capture.JPG
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by JimTom » 15 Dec 2022, 9:19 pm

I’ll be happy when I see some AR2205 on the shelves.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Next

Return to Reloading ammunition