RSPCA roo meat snub

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

RSPCA roo meat snub

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Oct 2022, 6:50 pm

Unfortunately I can't read much more than the title due to a pay wall... not sure if I want to :lol:
They probably prefer to get their pet food from sources where no animals were killed.
I lost any respect for the RSPCA long ago, their just a bunch of trouble making vegans, I'ts no surprise an organisation like that would attract that type though.
Screenshot_20221005-191047_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20221005-191047_One UI Home.jpg (167.42 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

Edit : I couldn't help myself
Their not happy about joeys being killed by dongin their heads.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: RSPCA roo meat snub

Post by bladeracer » 05 Oct 2022, 8:19 pm

They're only happy when they're the ones doing the killing, well out of the public eye.

on_one_wheel wrote:Unfortunately I can't read much more than the title due to a pay wall... not sure if I want to :lol:
They probably prefer to get their pet food from sources where no animals were killed.
I lost any respect for the RSPCA long ago, their just a bunch of trouble making vegans, I'ts no surprise an organisation like that would attract that type though.

Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 05 Oct 2022, 9:51 pm

Nothing out of the ordinary here, the RSPCA have been campaigning against the use of clubbing for euthanasia for some time. They have called vociferously for the abandonment of clubbing for killing poddy calves as well as many other animals. To find that joeys were being clubbed to death whilst they used 'roo meat would leave them open to accusations of hypocrisy and double standards. (Never mind all the other reasons they can be accused of that).
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by S O K A R » 05 Oct 2022, 10:19 pm

My inner troll wants to go on a culling run & mail them photographs :lol:
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by deye243 » 05 Oct 2022, 11:20 pm

bladeracer wrote:They're only happy when they're the ones doing the killing, well out of the public eye.

on_one_wheel wrote:Unfortunately I can't read much more than the title due to a pay wall... not sure if I want to :lol:

You got that right they Kill more dogs every week than all the other organisations put together biggest Packer hypocrites in the country
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by MtnMan » 06 Oct 2022, 5:32 am

Take your joeys in to them for humane dispatch then?
MtnMan
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Boundry Rider » 06 Oct 2022, 8:45 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Edit : I couldn't help myself

By rights if they’ve adopted this point of objection, I look forward to RSPCA being fully supportive of any licensed shooter partaking roo culling, having a permit for a .22LR pistol tasked with the dispatch of the joey collateral.
Escaped WALcatraz
Boundry Rider
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by animalpest » 06 Oct 2022, 12:36 pm

Some excellent observations here.
Or the alternative of giving all roo shooters a couple of litres of green dream
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 06 Oct 2022, 1:55 pm

I was taught that you should never complain If you can't put forward a solution.
I haven't read any solutions from the RSPCA, but there's definitely 3 good ones mentioned here already.

I wonder how they'd go if every joey was delivered to their shelters :lol:
Fortunately for them it's time and cost prohibitive.

I have been asked a couple of times if I could give the joeys to a old local woman who likes to raise them, I think she is blissful unaware of just how many of the poor little buggers I'd destroy in an outing.
Personally I keep a very sharp blade on my side and cleanly and quickly removed the head with a single stroke using the mother as a chopping board.
On the odd occasion iv taken a second shot if I see a joey pop out for a look when the roo drops.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics