WW3 ?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: WW3 ?

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Oct 2022, 5:32 pm

S O K A R wrote:
mchughcb wrote:
Yeah that's why zelensky keeps asking for tanks himars and F16s.

See where zelensky was asking nato for a pre-emptive nuclear strike on russia to put them in their place, yeah like nuclear war always calms things down lmao
Bloke is a drop kick, sooner someone takes him out the better

That does not seem to be correct.

https://www.newsweek.com/zelensky-nucle ... ve-1749781

But let's not forget that pootin has threatened the use of nukes several times.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 12 Oct 2022, 6:18 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
S O K A R wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

See where zelensky was asking nato for a pre-emptive nuclear strike on russia to put them in their place, yeah like nuclear war always calms things down lmao

The Ukrainian word "udah" means blow or action.
Only those pushing Russian propaganda or the fruitcake brigade who pounce on every nonsensical conspiracy that comes down the internet u-bend choose to interpret it as strike, ie nuclear.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Oct 2022, 6:39 pm

Lazarus wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
S O K A R wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

The Ukrainian word "udah" means blow or action.
Only those pushing Russian propaganda or the fruitcake brigade who pounce on every nonsensical conspiracy that comes down the internet u-bend choose to interpret it as strike, ie nuclear.

That's how I interpreted it also.
I took it as to strike their missile bases with conventional weapons.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 12 Oct 2022, 9:47 pm

That's alright Bidens handlers are always walking back his comments such as when he addressed the 101st airborne in Poland what it was going to be like on the ground in Ukraine.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 12 Oct 2022, 9:50 pm

Sorry that might have been the 82nd.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Billo » 12 Oct 2022, 9:52 pm

Hey CHuck I know Pootin's being feeling Friskey but his recent effort is akin to shootin Blanks..... SHould Zelenski just call a draw and let Russian troops have safe passage out of CrimEa ??
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 13 Oct 2022, 6:32 am

Oldbloke wrote:.....But let's not forget that pootin has threatened the use of nukes several times.

Interesting how media spin works.
Russia has formally renounced first use of nuclear weapons in any conflict.
The US has not.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 13 Oct 2022, 7:41 am

straightshooter wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:.....But let's not forget that pootin has threatened the use of nukes several times.

The US has not.

And yet Putin is the ONLY one threatening it and Russia is the one who has an official military doctrine that allows nuclear strikes "in response to a large-scale conventional aggression". Not the US or NATO.

All the apologists also conveniently ignore the fact that it was Russia that started this war not Ukraine, not NATO, not the USA, Russia.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 13 Oct 2022, 7:46 am

Oldbloke wrote:OK. I accept you are either Chinese or have the IQ of a peanut.

It's called "pay back" or a deterrent.

If they nuke Sydney or Melbourne our Virginia class sub would nuke Beijing and a couple more cities. Now do you understand? Or don't you read English?

你现在明白了吗?

So coming to personal insults when you cannot make a valid argument, very childish.

How many times do i have to tell you, nuclear missiles were never on offer. But obviously scotty from marketing did his market research very well and knew his intended audience just won't be able to comprehend that.

The simple fact is, we have signed the nuclear non profiliration treaty.
We have huge opposition against nuclear anything, let alone weapons.
The only reason we getting the subs is because as you said the reactor is fully sealed and fuelled for the life of the sub.
America is not giving as part of the deal any national security secrets about the sub, this includes the weapons system and ofcourse the reactor.
America has signed the nuclear non-profiliation treaty, and has agreed to never sell any nuclear weapons to anyone, haven't you noticed how no country has nuclear weapons that were either part of the former USSR (so inherited them) or developed them themselves.
The only thing we are good at is digging up things from the ground, the governments have never supported R&D, ill see myself waking in the moon before an Australian Government supports R&D and spends billions of dollars on staffing and research labs and a nuclear reactor to develop a nuclear warhead. Then they will need to spend billions to develop a new missle system to deliver the warhead. Cuz once again unless you want to buy from North Korea, China or Pakistan no one will give us a missle that can deliver a nuclear warhead. They just don't sell them at the local 7 Eleven mate.

My only word of wisdom, wishing really hard that you become the next Miss Universe will not make you Miss Universe :sarcasm:
Last edited by cz515 on 13 Oct 2022, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Oct 2022, 7:51 am

Lazarus wrote:
straightshooter wrote:

The US has not.

And yet Putin is the ONLY one threatening it and Russia is the one who has an official military doctrine that allows nuclear strikes "in response to a large-scale conventional aggression". Not the US or NATO.

All the apologists also conveniently ignore the fact that it was Russia that started this war not Ukraine, not NATO, not the USA, Russia.

Laz, there are a lot of short memories here. Russia is threatening there use, and they fired the first shot in this war. Sorry, "special action".
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 13 Oct 2022, 7:56 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Lazarus wrote:
straightshooter wrote:

The US has not.

Laz, there are a lot of short memories here. Russia is threatening there use, and they fired the first shot in this war. Sorry, "special action".

You're right OB, some people never let those pesky facts get in the way of a good foil hat conspiracy, eh.

I've been thinking of advertising this great bridge I have for sale, nice views of Sydney harbour.........probably get a few bites from the believe anything crew.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 13 Oct 2022, 8:12 am

Oldbloke wrote:This is the problem CZ. You really think It will never happen.

lol Look at history. Happens pretty regularly. That's a fact.

Are nukes the answer? That's another argument.

But don't start crying if China parks a few subs armed with nukes off our shore, and says, check mate.

What happens? How many times has Australia been under attack, regularly like what once since Australia was discovered
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Oct 2022, 8:17 am

cz515 wrote:

But don't start crying if China parks a few subs armed with nukes off our shore, and says, check mate.

What happens? How many times has Australia been under attack, regularly like what once since Australia was discovered

With a statement like that
I'm convinced your just here for the argument.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 13 Oct 2022, 8:20 am

When does the simple statement of fact make one an apologist?
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by cz515 » 13 Oct 2022, 8:21 am

Lazarus wrote:CZ, you are still looking at the situation from the wrong angle.

This is the early 21st century, not the early 20th. Symetrical, kinetic warfare is outdated.
Ask Putin.

They only need to close the shipping routes on which we rely for virtually everything and they can shut us down without firing a single shot at us directly.
Look at the economic pain they caused to carefully chosen industries as a message they were unhappy with what one morally corrupt politician said about covid.

Just take fuel as one example.
We import 91% of the fuel we use and it comes here by ship, stop the ships and we're Wallaby Ted's cousin mate, Roo Ted.

Look at the drama they caused us by restricting urea.

Why is this possible?
Because we have taken the head-in-arse view that "it'll never happen" and let our military degrade so far that even the projects we do have are a collective 97 YEARS behind schedule.

It does us absolutely no good to have the best hospitals, universities etc etc if they are at the expense of our sovereignty because a nation that thinks asymmetrically has beaten us at the game of Go that is geopolitical strategic preparation.

If you are not among the strong, the strong will eat you.

That's a good point, infact that's in a way what i have been saying. So if they block our shipping lines, how many m1 Abraham's tanks do we need, or how many heavy artillery do we need.

Looking at the Russian war, it's very evident you need lots of small nimble drones, missles, tickets rockets to maximise damage... not big and heavy.

And finally i go back, look at NZ, Canada and tens of other western countries, they are not scarring their public with Chinese war, as they realise the possibly is almost zero.

My question to you is, what does China get by attacking and or invading Australia that they cannot get for cheaper and quicker by economic means?
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 13 Oct 2022, 8:23 am

S O K A R wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

Lol the best one was yesterday hes asking for $500 million, and the latest is croud sourcing it.

Which makes me think how much money has gone into his own pockets in this war
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 13 Oct 2022, 8:27 am

Oldbloke wrote:
cz515 wrote:

With a statement like that
I'm convinced your just here for the argument.

I will argue, when you say something so ridiculous and without any basis of fact.

You said Look at history. Happens pretty regularly. That's a fact. how many times have we been invaded... since the east india company?
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Oct 2022, 9:31 am

"You said Look at history. Happens pretty regularly. That's a fact. how many times have we been invaded... since the east india company?" wtf?

That's correct.

BUT, I never said AU had been invaded. Get it right czidontshoot. (although the japs attempted to during WW11) But if you think we are "special" or immune then you are either:
Stupid
Naive
Chinese
Or just here for the argument.

I said "Look at history"

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/world- ... ny-invaded

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_invasions

WE ARE NOT SPECIAL
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 13 Oct 2022, 9:46 am

Billo wrote:Hey CHuck I know Pootin's being feeling Friskey but his recent effort is akin to shootin Blanks..... SHould Zelenski just call a draw and let Russian troops have safe passage out of CrimEa ??

Zelensky is not calling the shots.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 13 Oct 2022, 3:47 pm

cz515 wrote:Q:
My question to you is, what does China get by attacking and or invading Australia that they cannot get for cheaper and quicker by economic means?

A:if we don't defeat them, they get no holds barred 100% ownership of everything here and you'll be one of million of new slaves... probably a very obedient one at that.

cz515 wrote:Q:how many times have we been invaded ?

A:(By "we" I'm sure you mean Australia)
Australia has been invaded 2 times in about 200 years, the British were successful against the almost defenceless Aborigines (unlike in New Zealand where they had their asses handed to them before signing a peace treaty), Japan's invasion of Australia wasn't successful.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Lazarus » 13 Oct 2022, 5:21 pm

straightshooter wrote:When does the simple statement of fact make one an apologist?

When one deliberately misrepresents a statement to make it seem like something else entirely was meant, to make it fit in with propaganda pushed by the aggressor.
Last edited by Lazarus on 13 Oct 2022, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 13 Oct 2022, 5:36 pm

cz515 wrote:

Cz, jeez, I don't know many times I've said it or how many more times I'll have to say it before you get the message, so I'll try putting it in bold.

I don't, that is DO NOT, believe China intends to attemptan invasion of Australia

However, as anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together and a connection to the outside world knows, we are living in an increasingly militarised and dangerous era.
Just because China is unlikely to invade us doesn't mean we can bin our military and all start voting for the greens mate.
It may surprise you, but China isn't the only beligerent in the world or even in Asia.

Having said all that, if hiding your head in the sand and pretending the world is full of kittens and teddybears helps you sleep at night it is absolutely your right to do so.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by S O K A R » 13 Oct 2022, 8:52 pm

cz515 wrote:
S O K A R wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

Lol the best one was yesterday hes asking for $500 million, and the latest is croud sourcing it.

Its ridiculous, ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries on this planet.
Yet everyone seems to eat up what the media feeds them that ukraine is the "good guy", the "good guy" wouldn't have been committing warfare against their own people since 2014.
Ukraine forces are currently being accused of war crimes for purposely putting military assets in civilian areas in an attempt to make russia look bad when they take out military targets, the stupidity of the sheep in the west constantly amazes me.

Ukraine doesn't want this war to end (which is the gist you get from zelensky's comments), they are getting the biggest payday of their life-time.
They don't care about the people nor does nato, otherwise this would of been solved long ago.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by cz515 » 13 Oct 2022, 10:22 pm

Exactly, after the war is over i wonder where will all the arms donate to Ukraine end up..... in personal collections and African nations.

Zelensky is a savy media personality hence he is always there for the perfect photo opp. While he spends his time hiding in neighbouring countries
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Billo » 13 Oct 2022, 10:49 pm

cz515 wrote:Exactly, after the war is over i wonder where will all the arms donate to Ukraine end up..... in personal collections and African nations.

Zelensky is a savy media personality hence he is always there for the perfect photo opp. While he spends his time hiding in neighbouring countries

The term is media savvy not the other way round......are you an auto bot cz ??
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 14 Oct 2022, 8:45 am

cz515 wrote:Exactly, after the war is over i wonder where will all the arms donate to Ukraine end up..... in personal collections and African nations.

This one made me laugh out loud for a good 10 minutes.

All the arms donated to Ukraine are being used to fight the war CZ, what do you think they've been using so far, harsh words?
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Billo » 14 Oct 2022, 9:03 am

mchughcb wrote:
Billo wrote:Hey CHuck I know Pootin's being feeling Friskey but his recent effort is akin to shootin Blanks..... SHould Zelenski just call a draw and let Russian troops have safe passage out of CrimEa ??

Zelensky is not calling the shots.

Zelenksy's place in history will have his name along side the greats, think Caesar, Khan and Alexander. :drinks:

Pootin well history won't be so kind, think Hussien, Stalin and Hitler :lol: :thumbsdown:
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 14 Oct 2022, 9:22 am

S O K A R wrote:
cz515 wrote:
S O K A R wrote:
mchughcb wrote:

Its ridiculous, ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries on this planet.
Yet everyone seems to eat up what the media feeds them that ukraine is the "good guy", the "good guy" wouldn't have been committing warfare against their own people since 2014.
Ukraine forces are currently being accused of war crimes for purposely putting military assets in civilian areas in an attempt to make russia look bad when they take out military targets, the stupidity of the sheep in the west constantly amazes me.

Ukraine doesn't want this war to end (which is the gist you get from zelensky's comments), they are getting the biggest payday of their life-time.
They don't care about the people nor does nato, otherwise this would of been solved long ago.

There is an easy fix to all of this. Russia just needs to go home and stop trying to nibble off pieces of Ukraine for themselves. War will end tomorrow if Russia packs up and goes home.

In regards to the money, the real money is post war when all the "rebuilding" starts.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Lazarus » 14 Oct 2022, 12:09 pm

cz515 wrote:

Are you deliberately misinterpreting everything you see CZ, or do you get payments in bitcoin from
Fullerton Street, Woollahra?

Whenever President Zelenskyy (you could at least spell his name correcty when you defame him) does his daily video addresses to his people, they are patently done from Ukraine.
Or do you think he's hiding on a movie sound stage to fake the background?
Perhaps the one you think they used to fake the moon landings?
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Oct 2022, 12:27 pm

Laz,
czidontshoot is only here for the political arguments.
I doubt he has posted anything about shooting/hunting here.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics