Floods and idiots

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Floods and idiots

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Oct 2022, 10:02 pm

Here's another one.

https://youtu.be/GLtCU3ZhbgA
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 28 Oct 2022, 10:33 pm

animalpest wrote:If that were the case, why are we even discussing the issue of idiots on flooded roads?

I too am unsure why we are.

I mean one person started with their hypothesis, to with he got a couple of people to agree.

A few disagreed with him. He then belittled and threatened those who ppl.

And we get 5 or 6 pages of dribble. Finally we have Prof. OH&S post up a video of someone doing a dumb thing... ironically doing his part in giving the d.h. his 15 minutes of fame.

Finally and lastly people have been doing dumb sheet since time immortal and will keep on doing it till the humans are on the earth.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Oct 2022, 10:42 pm

I've just (yesterday 27/10/2022) returned from a road trip to Victoria.
Departed Qld at 3am on Frid 14th October.
Travelled down the Newell Highway and passed through Forbes as the authorities called for partial evacuation.
Arrived at Victorian/NSW border as the flood waters were nearing peak levels.
Got through Moama and Echuca an hour ahead of major flooding, and turned left towards Shepparton because the road we wanted thru Rochester was already flooded and closed.
Got to Shepparton and wanted to head straight down towards Tullamarine, but authorities closed the road off one car ahead of us.
So then we doubled back towards Bendigo but was stopped by flood waters at the outskirts of Elmore.
We then turned left and headed up into the Macedon Ranges (well above any waters) and eventually crossed over and out onto the Melb to Adelaide freeway which led us directly in to Ballarat which was our intended destination. (late afternoon on 16th Oct)
In many parts of that trip we were literally only minutes ahead of road closures due to flood waters.

The main point I'm making is that by careful navigation and keeping altitude,,,,,,,,,,,, we got to our destination safely and without ever actually entering any flood waters.

The next day according to TV news,,,, nearly every place we went thru was under water.

On our return trip we came back via the Hume Highway as far as Sydney then cut back across to the Newell and back into Qld.

Only "idiots" drive into floodwaters.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Oct 2022, 10:47 pm

cz515 wrote:
Finally and lastly people have been doing dumb sheet since time immortal and will keep on doing it till the humans are on the earth.

???????????????? :wtf: :unknown:

Keep up the good work there Bloke. :sarcasm:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Oct 2022, 11:56 pm

cz515 wrote:
animalpest wrote:If that were the case, why are we even discussing the issue of idiots on flooded roads?

I too am unsure why we are.

I mean one person started with their hypothesis, to with he got a couple of people to agree.

A few disagreed with him. He then belittled and threatened those who ppl.

And we get 5 or 6 pages of dribble. Finally we have Prof. OH&S post up a video of someone doing a dumb thing... ironically doing his part in giving the d.h. his 15 minutes of fame.

A very good example of the very dribble you are complaining about.

I thought it might be a good example of what can go wrong, therefore perhaps educational for anyone reading this thread. Or are your comments just a pathetic attempt to belittle my post?

Since the bloke made a fool of himself I'm unsure how he could now be getting 3 minutes of fame. ( not 15)

Oh, PS. To answer animal pests Qn in a more fational way. The OP was concerned about the safety of emergency services personnel.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 29 Oct 2022, 7:11 am

Die Judicii wrote:
cz515 wrote:

Did you get stuck on sheet.... when i type s**t do you see the issue. So i can type sh1t or sheet to convey the meaning. Also i find The word sheet is just easier and quicker to type.

OB its a YouTube video of someone going through flood waters, so you post the link here, which means the original person got 100 odd extra people to look at his dumb video and resulting increase (at least in his mind) of internet fame..or as they call it now a days, every view is making his video viral.

My point was by posting it here, and getting extra views you are making it more likely that to get their next 15 minutes of fame they will do something similarly dumb in the future. Its about the dopamine hits he is getting for every view.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 29 Oct 2022, 9:49 am

cz515 wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:
cz515 wrote:

Did you get stuck on sheet.... when i type s**t do you see the issue. So i can type sh1t or sheet to convey the meaning. Also i find The word sheet is just easier and quicker to type.

Oh Maaate,,,,, the understanding of you typing “sheet” instead of “sh1t” was a given. The issue was in the last part you typed. I quoted it, with a query as to what it meant. You quoted the quote and started dribbling about the word “sheet” ,,,,,,, but you still haven’t noticed your own blunder. Can you please explain what you mean by,,, “and will keep on doing it till the humans are on the earth”. ??? Methinks you smoke too much wacky weed.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Oct 2022, 10:59 am

cz515 wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:
cz515 wrote:

OB its a YouTube video of someone going through flood waters, so you post the link here, which means the original person got 100 odd extra people to look at his dumb video and resulting increase (at least in his mind) of internet fame..or as they call it now a days, every view is making his video viral.

My point was by posting it here, and getting extra views you are making it more likely that to get their next 15 minutes of fame they will do something similarly dumb in the future. Its about the dopamine hits he is getting for every view.

CZidontshoot, your a dope. I understood your comment. I understood in might encourage him to do stupid sh1t.

It doesn't mean it can't be good info for some.

Image of CZidontshoot hunting yesterday. :allegedly:

Bong.jpg
Bong.jpg (118.7 KiB) Viewed 1764 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 29 Oct 2022, 6:39 pm

Woh man ... groovy
I love his magic flying carpet.
Watch out for those 747's when your flying around up there.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 29 Oct 2022, 9:47 pm

Haha unfortunately i don't smoke, legal or illegal substancea and don't drink.

But it does remind me of an old story. 3 stoners decided to leave their house and go for a walk in the wild world (while still stoned). In their travels they reached a park where a teacher was giving a lecture to their students. The stoners, went close and started listening after about 30 minutes of standing, one stoner finally askes the other, hey bro you know what that person is taking about, the other two scratched and shook their head, naaa bro got no idea. :sarcasm:
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Oct 2022, 11:35 pm

cz515 wrote:Haha unfortunately i don't smoke, legal or illegal substancea and don't drink.

But it does remind me of an old story. 3 stoners decided to leave their house and go for a walk in the wild world (while still stoned). In their travels they reached a park where a teacher was giving a lecture to their students. The stoners, went close and started listening after about 30 minutes of standing, one stoner finally askes the other, hey bro you know what that person is taking about, the other two scratched and shook their head, naaa bro got no idea. :sarcasm:

Sh1t, not convinced after reading that.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 30 Oct 2022, 9:33 pm

We are not really, the discussion has moved on from that. But we can bring it back if you like

How about this video 15 To Float

Is part of the problem because the government puts out fake videos like this that no one takes seriously as its obviously been faked, instead of actually explaining the dangers the real dangers?

https://youtu.be/t4ilUbMXZAQ

Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 31 Oct 2022, 9:24 am

What are you talking about fion. Those are wheels under the car......its just a 20 wheeler car
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 31 Oct 2022, 5:23 pm

Well wrap me in cotton wool and give me a safe space.... 15 cm hey.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by cz515 » 31 Oct 2022, 9:10 pm

On your unicycle you probably need 5 to float
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Nov 2022, 12:02 am

cz515 wrote:On your unicycle you probably need 5 to float

Provided the water isnt rapid, I could easily ride through 1000mm of water on the unicycle before buoyancy becomes an issue.

Interestingly, my daily drive has an advertised wading depth of 700 mm ... she'll go much deeper with the beer fridge fully stocked though.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 02 Nov 2022, 2:53 am

Well I had input on the first page skipped what I think is 5 maybe 6 pages, the way I see it I drive through flood waters over the decades well I have to move my stock I have to move my friends stock my neighbours .
the way I see this is if you are dumb enough to drive where you don't know your area you're dumb enough to die and nobody should have to go and save you now if this is hard for you to accept suck it up princess and get over it
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 02 Nov 2022, 12:29 pm

deye243 wrote:Well I had input on the first page skipped what I think is 5 maybe 6 pages, the way I see it I drive through flood waters over the decades well I have to move my stock I have to move my friends stock my neighbours .
the way I see this is if you are dumb enough to drive where you don't know your area you're dumb enough to die and nobody should have to go and save you now if this is hard for you to accept suck it up princess and get over it

I agree,,,,,,,,,, but funny you should say that,,,,,,,,,, Cos when I posted similar sentiments (different wording) I got howled down by others on here. :lol:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Dec 2022, 4:14 pm

Well, this will make someone happy. Manslaughter charges.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-21/ ... /101798010
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation