Canadian gun bans coming?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Canadian gun bans coming?

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Dec 2022, 11:05 pm

Looks like our Canadian mates are about to have a blue with Trudeau.

https://youtu.be/YU93gKKDM_s
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Canadian gun bans coming?

Post by JohnV » 13 Dec 2022, 3:29 pm

Changing laws in such devious and unfair ways is bound to cause unrest . A lot of people living in Canada absolutely need to own and carry firearms for safety in the forests , hell their is Grizzly bears in suburbia in some places . Trudeau is a very unstable kind of leader one minute he is good and makes good decisions the next minute he is a lunatic . They profess to be making things safer but in fact it will cause lots of unrest and possibly demonstrations if the laws are too draconian .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bigrich » 13 Dec 2022, 3:43 pm

and i thought our politicians were shifty . canadian hunters have every right to be concerned about their government
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Dec 2022, 4:28 pm

bigrich wrote:and i thought our politicians were shifty . canadian hunters have every right to be concerned about their government

Sounds very dodgy. Typical politician. Pretty high % of hunters over there too. So, he could be in for a fight.

Wasn't it Canada that dropped registration 3 or 4 years ago because it was costly and pretty useless?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 14 Dec 2022, 10:58 am

That video is fromLauren Southern - so do not expect objectivity:)
The amendment bans semi auto firearms-
bolt action, lever etc are fine
Gun owners rights have been diminished no doubt but let s face it, the semi auto ship has well and truly sailed for us regular shooters
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 14 Dec 2022, 11:33 am

I was just up on the Canadian border last year, it's like East Germany or something with their attitudes. Canada is not what it was and Trudeau is an absolute looney.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bladeracer » 14 Dec 2022, 12:27 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:That video is fromLauren Southern - so do not expect objectivity:)
Gun owners rights have been diminished no doubt but let s face it, the semi auto ship has well and truly sailed for us regular shooters

I didn't watch that specific video but the amendments ban anything over 5rd capacity don't they, like Lee Enfield rifles and many lever rifles?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 14 Dec 2022, 1:17 pm

Nope - my understanding any semi auto with ability to use mag capacity of over 5 rounds
Does not apply to bolt lever etc
Interestingly though Canada appears to have banned Any rifle chambered in a caliber over 10,000 joules - eg 50BMG 460 Lott etc
So that means even a Ruger No 1 chambered in such a calibre would be unavailable but same rifle in 338 Lap ok
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 15 Dec 2022, 3:12 am

Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAha0XmfjY
It's not just semi-auto's that they want banned.

Then this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38gLqoqgJ7Q

As the saying goes, "at the end of the day", they wont be happy until the ONLY people permitted to use firearms will be the military and the police (para-military?)
Who says so?
Any and all of the alphabet agencies; UN, WHO, WEF etc., etc.
The great reset? Surely not. That would never happen, right?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Dec 2022, 7:35 am

Liberal party. Perhaps JWH is Trudeau's mentor. :lol:

In gods name after what JWH did in 96 why would a shooter vote for those pricks.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 15 Dec 2022, 12:05 pm

No1_49er wrote:Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYAha0XmfjY
It's not just semi-auto's that they want banned.

Then this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38gLqoqgJ7Q

As the saying goes, "at the end of the day", they wont be happy until the ONLY people permitted to use firearms will be the military and the police (para-military?)
Who says so?
Any and all of the alphabet agencies; UN, WHO, WEF etc., etc.
The great reset? Surely not. That would never happen, right?

The first video is new to me. I did see last week discussion about the 10000J law but didn't realise it would ban any firearm that _could_ potentially be chambered to make that energy level.

I've followed Native Chronicals for years, he jumped on this mag capacity thing since the beginning. He did a series of vids tutoring people on how to qualify to carry pistols when they were hunting in Canada, that all went out the window I guess when they banned handguns.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 15 Dec 2022, 6:26 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:That video is fromLauren Southern - so do not expect objectivity:)

Well you aren't getting objectivity from the actual people who are in media and are supposed to be objective, so this woman is simply providing balance. I don't see anything wrong with her testimony or the facts that she lays out. But I do know Canadians should feel much much much safer without Benelli Super 90 standard hunter shotguns being around anymore, at least "legally".

And it's not only semi-autos. It's some air rifles, and tasers too. Trudeau has gone full fascist with the "You don't have any Constitutional right to properly defend yourself" narrative, but that's really nothing new among UK and former UK territories. And what we do know is that the Left never stops taking guns. Sure it's semi-autos now but when Canadians start stockpiling pump shotguns and bolt action rifles and lever guns because, well because they can, they will be next on the chopping block as you all well know.

For those who predict a citizen revolt or demonstration. It's not gonna happen. gun owners are outnumbered and many are likely afraid that they will get the same treatment as the truckers, branded as thugs and fascists and targeted for harassment and punishment by the Government. Trudeau is a complete dim bulb tyrant. You literally couldn't write a better character for a comedy sketch(sadly)
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Dec 2022, 6:42 pm

Pennsylvania Yank wrote:

Well you aren't getting objectivity from the actual people who are in media and are supposed to be objective, so this woman is simply providing balance. I don't see anything wrong with her testimony or the facts that she lays out. But I do know Canadians should feel much much much safer without Benelli Super 90 standard hunter shotguns being around anymore, at least "legally".

And it's not only semi-autos. It's some air rifles, and tasers too. Trudeau has gone full fascist with the "You don't have any Constitutional right to properly defend yourself" narrative, but that's really nothing new among UK and former UK territories. And what we do know is that the Left never stops taking guns. Sure it's semi-autos now but when Canadians start stockpiling pump shotguns and bolt action rifles and lever guns because, well because they can, they will be next on the chopping block as you all well know.

For those who predict a citizen revolt or demonstration. It's not gonna happen. gun owners are outnumbered and many are likely afraid that they will get the same treatment as the truckers, branded as thugs and fascists and targeted for harassment and punishment by the Government. Trudeau is a complete dim bulb tyrant. You literally couldn't write a better character for a comedy sketch(sadly)

Wrong. In '96 here it was the right.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 15 Dec 2022, 6:48 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Pennsylvania Yank wrote:

Wrong. In '96 here it was the right.

Sadly yes. We have our progressive wing of our Republican Party too who would not mind seeing most semi-auto guns banned. Even our own Ronald Reagan signed gun bans into law and favored an assault weapon ban very late in life when his mind was gone. But this movement is primarily coming from and being led by the progressive Left
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Lazarus » 16 Dec 2022, 11:26 am

I find that if a commentator needs to resort to ewe-chewb to air their views, there's usually a pretty good reason.

I have also found fact checking of these commentators enlightening as to the motive behind their message.
It's rarely dissemination of untainted fact.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics