22 Hornet options

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Re: 22 Hornet options

Post by vicfox » 02 Nov 2022, 9:02 pm

Thanks for the report.

Keen to hear more when you get the chance after more time with it.

I have a Krico in 22 hornet coming that I'm keen to see how well it shapes up and how accurate it is.

I've had a Krico 22 mag previously but the scope mounts let me down but was young and dumb to realize I wasn't that bad a shot but had sold it by then .

I have had a Sportco Hornet for 18 months that I really enjoy and is ideal for what I do but I wanted something a bit nicer and a bit higher quality. Nothing wrong with its accuracy though.

I will report back here for those who may have some interest as to how it shoots ect.
vicfox
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by northdude » 03 Nov 2022, 3:57 am

Seems to be quite a few kricos kicking around. Ive got a twin trigger one and that is a really nice accurate shooter. Im running 40gr hollow points. Its such a nice rifle my wife claimed it. Luckily a lh browning came up shortly after so we have 3 of them in the fleet
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by Grillin » 03 Nov 2022, 7:11 pm

No worries vicfox, I'll be keen to hear your findings also. Nice to see another Hornet fan, and even better that It's a Krico!
Grillin
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by vicfox » 09 Nov 2022, 3:29 pm

No probs Grillin on the report back.

Re the Krico till waiting on getting it in my hands due to transfer. My dealer has it and says it all looks good.
Here is a pic of it when advertised.

Here is a pic of the Sportco

I'll fit a Zeiss 3-9 to start off with then might fit the Thermal

Here is a bit of footage of the Sportco fitted with the Thermal in action on the foxes
https://youtu.be/da9rshj8TE4 ps://youtu.be/da9rshj8TE4
vicfox
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Grillin » 09 Nov 2022, 6:59 pm

THAT rifle!! I had my eye on it too when I was hunting around and nearly bought it but held off because the price was a bit up there - but not necessarily unfair given its condition. Somebody was going to buy it eventually, and I'm stoked it was a fellow enoughgun member. Can't wait to hear how it shoots!
Grillin
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Billo » 09 Nov 2022, 8:28 pm

mate that Krico has some lovely texture in the Walnut and I bet it gunna be a shooter, a wee bit jealous :drinks:
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by vicfox » 10 Nov 2022, 10:34 am

Billo I hope your right. The wait is dragging out.
vicfox
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by vicfox » 17 Dec 2022, 7:04 pm

FINALLY ITS ARRIVED.

I'm truly thrilled with it. It took forever to get in my safe but worth the wait and exceeds my expectations of just how nice an example it is. I have only sighted it in with a Zeiss 3-9 scope and was on target in 5 shots. Seems very accurate but need to try different rounds to hone in on what's best. I have some great reloads that suit the Sportco but won't chamber in the Krico so off to the shop next week.

The trigger is exceptional but will make a bit of change to suit me better.
"
It will eventually wear a Thermal when fox whistling time comes around early next year and I'll get some more action footage for my YouTube channel Vicgarrett which has some clips from years gone by with some with and without thermal as well as other a bits of other hunting footage.

ImageImageImage
vicfox
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by northdude » 17 Dec 2022, 7:09 pm

Very nice :drinks:
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bigrich » 18 Dec 2022, 6:03 am

it might be branded a krico , but it's definatly a weihrauch . google weihrauch hw66 . weihrauch bought out krico in the late 80's . i've had a couple in various calibers and they are very good :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by vicfox » 18 Dec 2022, 8:37 am

Yep your right a HW66 j is identical. On mine even the brand stamp looks like KRICO is re stamped as may be Krico was an established brand then.
$2750 new price though so happy with my purchase.
vicfox
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by northdude » 18 Dec 2022, 6:24 pm

actually looks similar to mine except mines twin trigger and the mag is different on mine so take it its a krico one
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Previous

Return to Centerfire rifles