Sauer 101 advice

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Sauer 101 advice

Post by zzoldtown » 17 Jul 2022, 11:04 pm

I'm out for a new hunting rifle, calibre still to be decided but something in the .270 - 30 cal range will be where I'm looking.

My LGS guy was give the Sauer 101 a good wrap, and it feels like a good rifle.

Can't do any range testing in store though obviously

Hoping a few here can give me some first hand feedback on Sauer 101 accuracy.
zzoldtown
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Re: Sauer 101 advice

Post by solarpak » 20 Jul 2022, 9:07 pm

The Sauer 101 is a fine rifle as is the Sauer 100 - The 101 has the barrel friction fitted to the receiver (using heat) whereas the S100 has the barrel tenon threaded and screws into the receiver in the normal manner .
Personally the new Sauer S100 stainless with the normal polymer stock (not the soft touch version) would be my pick.

Accuracy wise - both models are accurate - just find a factory load it likes or if you handled, tailor a load to it and get out there.

C.
solarpak
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 20 Jul 2022, 9:26 pm

I have two sauers. Both 100 I think. Blued 243 and ceracoat 270 nice adjustable triggers. Moa guaranteee. If I take these rifles into the field I shoot them with such confidence that I know the bullet will go exactly where I’m aiming every single time. Great three position safety ... the physical ddistance of the safety knob in safe position is a long way from the fire position. So a long throw lever if u get what I mean. I like this very much. When a rifle is shoulder slung at night it’s easy to keep feeling your safety as u walk along in the dark it’s obviously safe Position or not no question about it ... howa safety’s are too difficult to move tiny button too close together Terrible
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Peter988 » 22 Jul 2022, 5:47 pm

Extremely happy with my 223.
Peter988
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lawyer Daggett » 23 Dec 2022, 4:14 pm

I have two 101’s, a .243 xt and a .308 Alaska. barrels are sweated in but on a hunting rifle you would never shoot one out. They are both incredibly accurate and I prefer a safety on the tang.
Lawyer Daggett
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 23 Dec 2022, 6:08 pm

I probably alreafy replied to this. I have a 243 and a 270. I like the safety on the sauer very much and the triggers. And the moa guarantee. And the price And it feels nice to carry
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Centerfire rifles