NIOA Introduces new straight pull and pump action rifles

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

NIOA Introduces new straight pull and pump action rifles

Post by Avok » 18 Jan 2023, 10:03 am

Didn't see anyone else talk about it, so thought I would make a post.

NIOA is releasing a new series of Turkish rifles made by Arttech Defence, the Prima XP pump action and the Prima SP straight pull in 308 Win, 30-06 and 300 Winmag. Should be out in the next few months and retailing between 1.5k to 2k depending on the model.

They meant to announce it last year, but delayed it due to the QLD Shooting (At least I think...). I've known about the rifles for some time, they have been listed on the publicly viewable National Firearms Identification Database for a while now.

NIOAs video: https://youtu.be/G3Vvj74xNNM
Prima XP:https://www.arttechdefense.com/en/products/prima-xp.html?Category=3
Prima SP:https://www.arttechdefense.com/en/products/prima-sp.html?Category=4

Avok
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: NIOA Introduces new straight pull and pump action rifles

Post by Wyliecoyote » 18 Jan 2023, 12:46 pm

The straight pull rifles were around late last year. I got to handle one in the synthetic version and earlier in the year i got to shoot a Savage Impulse. If had to choose, i would pick the Heym SR30. It's like all the ejecting and button release 22s and shotties getting about now. Close but still not a semi auto. A slick bolt gun can be had for less money and is just very slightly slower. Having said that, either of my SSGs i reckon i could cycle quicker. I tried to shoot the Savage fast. It needed some serious working to get smoother which should happen right about the time the first barrel is shot out.
Wyliecoyote
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 18 Jan 2023, 6:03 pm

I have a rem 7600 pump 308. And a browning straightpull also 308. Remington is so much faster. I hate swapping my hand from trigger to lever constantly it’s ridiculous. Eject and lock up so much more relisble on the remington
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 18 Jan 2023, 8:12 pm

The synthetic one looks alright.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 19 Jan 2023, 3:46 am

The springy pump looks handy, but you are going to need to dangle ar mag floor plate adapter in my face first
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Avok » 19 Jan 2023, 10:00 am

womble wrote:you are going to need to dangle ar mag floor plate adapter in my face first

This 100%, at the moment they are only coming with a 2 and 4 capacity mags. I'm sure later down the line some aftermarket stuff will come around though. A 223 version with AR mags would be awesome, but unlikely.
Avok
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 15 May 2023, 9:10 pm

They don’t look too bad in the nioa video. I had a 7600 in 308, but sold it. I wouldn’t mind checking them out if they come to a local shop all the same.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 15 May 2023, 9:26 pm

Needs some sling swivels.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 15 May 2023, 9:51 pm

So why didn't they bring out a button release like the new shoddy's straight pull seems to be a wast of time
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 16 May 2023, 3:58 am

BYO swivels
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Pighunter » 16 May 2023, 9:40 am

deye243 wrote:So why didn't they bring out a button release like the new shoddy's straight pull seems to be a wast of time

Safer to bring in what has stood the test of time rather than bring in something that could end up on the chopping block in a year or two.
Pighunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by deye243 » 16 May 2023, 1:02 pm

Pighunter wrote:
deye243 wrote:So why didn't they bring out a button release like the new shoddy's straight pull seems to be a wast of time

Safer to bring in what has stood the test of time rather than bring in something that could end up on the chopping block in a year or two.

Nah you're not thinking loke a businessman bring in the push button it gets taken then they come back fora straight pull 2 for the price of wine
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by S O K A R » 16 May 2023, 7:23 pm

Pighunter wrote:

If push button/lever release end up on the chopping block, straight pulls and pumps won't be far behind them...
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Return to Centerfire rifles