Templeton T2000

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Templeton T2000

Post by S O K A R » 23 Nov 2022, 3:11 pm

Came across this on Facebook, anyone had a chance to handle/try out one of these yet?

FB_IMG_1669179956068.jpg
FB_IMG_1669179956068.jpg (52.48 KiB) Viewed 4678 times

Screenshot_20221123-160546_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20221123-160546_Facebook.jpg (658.76 KiB) Viewed 4678 times
Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 192
Tasmania

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by deye243 » 23 Nov 2022, 6:14 pm

Looked at 1 today in at my local just as clunky as my T1000 but it is quicker to use
User avatar
deye243
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
 
Posts: 1940
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by Shootermick » 23 Nov 2022, 7:22 pm

I’m sure it would be quick, probably quicker than my 12 gauge pump. And obviously not everyone can have their cat c. That’s one ugly charging handle though.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 308, 30-30, 303, 357mag, 44 mag, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 697
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by deye243 » 23 Nov 2022, 8:15 pm

Shootermick wrote:I’m sure it would be quick, probably quicker than my 12 gauge pump. And obviously not everyone can have their cat c. That’s one ugly charging handle though.

Yes I've been sitting here wondering even with the straight pull how long before they kick up a stink and categories them as a C as well don't know whether they will buy them back or grandfather clause them with all these mobs getting around so-called legislation I can only see them letting us get away with it for a small amount of time .
User avatar
deye243
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
 
Posts: 1940
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by mchughcb » 24 Nov 2022, 8:11 am

The question is how stiff is the button.
User avatar
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1290
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by dpskipper » 24 Nov 2022, 10:44 am

gday fellas. i've had a bit of a play with one. most favorite of the lever/button/fairy dust release shotties so far. think i'm gonna buy it.

its priced well, well made (always thought the dickenson straight pulls where made well). button is very well positioned. naturally ambidextrous and not very stiff to press but requires a deliberate push.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
User avatar
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 284
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by dpskipper » 24 Nov 2022, 10:46 am

Shootermick wrote: That’s one ugly charging handle though.


thats a plastic spacer for shipping protection. the actual lever is a standard blade like you'd see on any semi auto
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
User avatar
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 284
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by mchughcb » 24 Nov 2022, 3:50 pm

dpskipper wrote:gday fellas. i've had a bit of a play with one. most favorite of the lever/button/fairy dust release shotties so far. think i'm gonna buy it.

its priced well, well made (always thought the dickenson straight pulls where made well). button is very well positioned. naturally ambidextrous and not very stiff to press but requires a deliberate push.


Good to hear. My mate said today that he thought button was too far forward but he's not a shotgun enthusiast
User avatar
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1290
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by dpskipper » 24 Nov 2022, 5:15 pm

well i couldn't resist and put in a PTA for one. should come in a few days.


mchughcb wrote:
dpskipper wrote:gday fellas. i've had a bit of a play with one. most favorite of the lever/button/fairy dust release shotties so far. think i'm gonna buy it.

its priced well, well made (always thought the dickenson straight pulls where made well). button is very well positioned. naturally ambidextrous and not very stiff to press but requires a deliberate push.


Good to hear. My mate said today that he thought button was too far forward but he's not a shotgun enthusiast


yeah the button is a tad too far forward and if you have small hands will need to stretch the thumb a little but its not exactly like theres many other places you could put the button. its the in the best spot so far. makes the bushmeister look inferior for sure
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
User avatar
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 284
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by Shootermick » 24 Nov 2022, 5:36 pm

dpskipper wrote:
Shootermick wrote: That’s one ugly charging handle though.


thats a plastic spacer for shipping protection. the actual lever is a standard blade like you'd see on any semi auto



Thanks for that, I obviously haven’t actually seen one.
I reckon they’ll sell pretty well.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 308, 30-30, 303, 357mag, 44 mag, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 697
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by mchughcb » 24 Nov 2022, 8:17 pm

dpskipper wrote:well i couldn't resist and put in a PTA for one. should come in a few days.


mchughcb wrote:
dpskipper wrote:gday fellas. i've had a bit of a play with one. most favorite of the lever/button/fairy dust release shotties so far. think i'm gonna buy it.

its priced well, well made (always thought the dickenson straight pulls where made well). button is very well positioned. naturally ambidextrous and not very stiff to press but requires a deliberate push.


Good to hear. My mate said today that he thought button was too far forward but he's not a shotgun enthusiast


yeah the button is a tad too far forward and if you have small hands will need to stretch the thumb a little but its not exactly like theres many other places you could put the button. its the in the best spot so far. makes the bushmeister look inferior for sure


Outstanding. Post here your impression after you have a rapid fire ammunitions episode.
User avatar
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1290
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by dpskipper » 24 Nov 2022, 8:42 pm

mchughcb wrote:
Outstanding. Post here your impression after you have a rapid fire ammunitions episode.


i would but i'd be outdone by our resident rapid fire expert aussie reviews. best leave those things to the experts aye! :sarcasm:
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
User avatar
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 284
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by bigpete » 20 Jan 2023, 4:31 pm

So has anyone got any more real life info on these ? I'm pretty keen to buy one
bigpete
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3274
South Australia

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by Avok » 20 Jan 2023, 7:20 pm

bigpete wrote:So has anyone got any more real life info on these ? I'm pretty keen to buy one


Wondering that too, haven't heard any owners thoughts on them yet. Certainly seem like it is better value for money compared to the buckmaster pb12, even with its price drop.
User avatar
Avok
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 22
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by S O K A R » 21 Jan 2023, 6:59 am

bigpete wrote:So has anyone got any more real life info on these ? I'm pretty keen to buy one

I've bought one, just waiting for the pta to process.
But I'm pretty keen, looks like it will be a good gun.
Be interesting to see how it compares to my buckmaster.
Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 192
Tasmania

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by dpskipper » 27 Jan 2023, 6:33 pm

bought one when it came out but alas not shot it yet, been busy.

its very smooth action, looks and feels well built.
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
User avatar
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 284
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by S O K A R » 30 Jan 2023, 10:00 pm

Spotted this on youtube earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHAUsJ0EWSY
Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 192
Tasmania

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by bigpete » 31 Jan 2023, 1:13 pm

Thats a bloody nice looking gun
bigpete
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3274
South Australia

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by jacksaligari » 22 May 2023, 2:05 am

Old post but I picked one up on Friday went duck shooting and quail shooting very impressed with it
jacksaligari
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 1
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by S O K A R » 25 May 2023, 3:13 pm

jacksaligari wrote:Old post but I picked one up on Friday went duck shooting and quail shooting very impressed with it

I picked up mine yesterday, love it!
s**ts all over my buckmaster, can't fault it as of yet.
Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 192
Tasmania

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by mchughcb » 25 May 2023, 6:23 pm

A friend was using one on the weekend hunt and I have to say I liked it.
User avatar
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1290
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by dpskipper » 26 May 2023, 9:00 pm

personally i prefer the look on the tacsoras but i think the t2000 has the better classification
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
User avatar
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 284
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by Larry » 27 May 2023, 6:28 am

Having tried the tacsoras and the other push button/lever release shotguns IMHO the Tacsoras is the clear winner in build quality and in outright speed and ease of use.
Larry
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 612
-

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by dpskipper » 27 May 2023, 11:18 am

t2000 would be quicker once you factor in less reloading :)
Wedgetail WT15
Riverman OAF
Desert Tech SRS
Adler 7 shot
User avatar
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 284
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by S O K A R » 28 May 2023, 1:53 am

Larry wrote:Having tried the tacsoras and the other push button/lever release shotguns IMHO the Tacsoras is the clear winner in build quality and in outright speed and ease of use.

Personal preference I guess.
I have no issues with the build quality of my templeton, being able to rest my thumb on the button release while firing makes it a much more enjoyable firearm for me to use over the tacsoras.
But once again, I guess that just comes down to personal preference.
Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 192
Tasmania

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by Gun-nut » 28 May 2023, 11:00 pm

The buckmaster with the button on the fore end seems like it'd be the fastest of them all, with the ability to fire without altering the firing hand whatsoever. In regards to build quality...well they're all turkish and you probably get what you pay for.
Gun-nut
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 414
Victoria

Re: Templeton T2000

Post by S O K A R » 29 May 2023, 11:45 pm

I would like to see a rifle with the button release in the same position as the templeton, not sure if it will ever happen though.
Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 192
Tasmania


Back to top
 
Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.