Manlicher Schoenauer

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Manlicher Schoenauer

Post by xkkat » 23 Feb 2023, 8:09 am

Hi Guys Anyone on the list with one of these fine rifles Production ceased in the late 60s Parts are hard to get If anyone can help I would be happy to hear from them regards XKKAT
xkkat
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Manlicher Schoenauer

Post by No1Mk3 » 23 Feb 2023, 1:01 pm

G'day xkkat,
I have 3 Mannlicher-Schonauer, but all military. I assume from the tone of your letter you are asking about post-1925 Long Action M-S? Or do you seek parts for an earlier 1903 Short Action rifle? A dealer firend of mine recently scrapped a couple of Greek 1903 and may still have some parts left, and I have a spare Short Action magazine i may part with for the right money, Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Feb 2023, 2:19 pm

No1Mk3 .... when are you opening your museum?
:thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by xkkat » 23 Feb 2023, 3:46 pm

Hi No1 MK3 / Mine is a 1959 made carbine in 243 win It's in near-mint condition and Still in transit I was looking for a Scope mount I would prefer a side mount as I don't want to drill the receiver ring This model has the 2 holes in the left rear flat on the receiver (Its a 38-degree angle so I,m told) and the 2 holes are approx 26 mm centers x 4mm. From my initial inquiries looks like I will have to make a mount > There's plenty in the USA and pretty pricey too! but importing them is a PITA. Redfield-lynx and Leupold also made mounts for this rifle Regards xkkat
xkkat
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 23 Feb 2023, 4:35 pm

xkkat wrote:Hi No1 MK3 / Mine is a 1959 made carbine in 243 win It's in near-mint condition and Still in transit I was looking for a Scope mount I would prefer a side mount as I don't want to drill the receiver ring This model has the 2 holes in the left rear flat on the receiver (Its a 38-degree angle so I,m told) and the 2 holes are approx 26 mm centers x 4mm. From my initial inquiries looks like I will have to make a mount > There's plenty in the USA and pretty pricey too! but importing them is a PITA. Redfield-lynx and Leupold also made mounts for this rifle Regards xkkat

There should be no issue at all with importing a mount, but whether somebody there is willing to do it might be an issue.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by xkkat » 27 Feb 2023, 9:52 am

Hi No1 MK3 You mention a short action Mag for the M_S Could you send me a few close up pics I suspect my rifle may be missing mag parts and I may need to replace it Regards xkkat
xkkat
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles