iPhone 'Pistol'.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

iPhone 'Pistol'.

Post by Jackaroo » 01 Mar 2023, 8:42 am

Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: iPhone 'Pistol'.

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Mar 2023, 11:20 am

Could also just be a toy.
WA Pol are just drama queens. Honestly, every single time they find a firearm, or one is handed in its all over the news. Try doing your job effectively and catching t he crooks you idiots instead of giving honest citizens a hard time.

Resized_tempFileForShare_20230301-121630_288101038303863.jpeg
Resized_tempFileForShare_20230301-121630_288101038303863.jpeg (257.52 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 01 Mar 2023, 11:54 am

It folds to resemble a toy gun.
The toy gun then resembles a gun
It weighs the same as a duck
Does it float
Is it made of wood
Therefore.. it must be... A gun !
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1_49er » 01 Mar 2023, 12:13 pm

effing muppets.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by northdude » 01 Mar 2023, 2:44 pm

Why do they need to send it away to be tested. If they are calling it a firearm surley they can figure the rest out, or get a kid to do it for them
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by womble » 01 Mar 2023, 3:26 pm

northdude wrote:Why do they need to send it away to be tested. If they are calling it a firearm surley they can figure the rest out, or get a kid to do it for them

Because they’re super retarded.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 01 Mar 2023, 4:29 pm

That phone is a gun in Victoria by definition, shootable or not. If you get caught with one you will do your Licence until a Court determines otherwise, it would also not pass muster in NSW. Being an almost exact replica of the 2 barrel Ideal Conceal, it doesn't surprise me the fuzz are concerned and being in the possession of a child-murdering drug dealer I doubt he had it just for laughs.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Toadstool » 01 Mar 2023, 5:33 pm

What do you mean child murdering drug dealer? I didn't see anything in the article about that. Unless you're saying all drug dealers are kid killers for supplying drugs or something :/ That would make fast food workers child killers too. Just a slower way of doing it :P
Toadstool
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 01 Mar 2023, 7:59 pm

Apple i pistol hey.

They've probably saved someone from loosing an eye
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 01 Mar 2023, 11:12 pm

IPhone I pistol so a phone really can save your life
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Mar 2023, 3:11 am

Toadstool wrote:What do you mean child murdering drug dealer? I didn't see anything in the article about that. Unless you're saying all drug dealers are kid killers for supplying drugs or something :/ That would make fast food workers child killers too. Just a slower way of doing it :P

100% drug dealers are child murderers.
Someone’s kid overdoses or dies from a pill at a dance, then the individual who sold it to them should be charged with murder.
If it was my kid I’d hunt down the killer. I’d probably have to because the state wouldn’t give me justice.
It’s not like they don’t know what they’re selling can kill. They make these drugs at home, they know what’s in it.
If you’ve ever been in a meth lab and seen all the gear and pill presses and what goes into it you’d feel the same way.
Kids are dumb, they make mistakes, they experiment to fit in. But they don’t deserve that nor do their families.
Drug dealers are lowest type of vermin we have here and they should be eradicated.
I don’t mean weed, but all the dodgy methamphetamine type stuff, ice, party pills. They should be charged with attempted murder for selling and premeditated murder if a buyer died.

We see whole families get wiped out by truck drivers on ice in this country. Where’s the accountability from the distributors and manufacturers when that happens. Should be a nationwide manhunt on whoever supplied to the driver effected immediately.
Because he’s got enough to kill another hundred families.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2023, 6:34 am

The drug dealers we need to lynch are the ones sitting on super yatchs and living in mansions.
The other 99° are just users on-selling
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by northdude » 02 Mar 2023, 7:17 am

So the guy at the local bottle shop is a killer as well? How about car salesmen? The supermaket and dairy that sells ciggarettes as well?? And the list goes on...hell even you local gun shop if thats the case
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by bladeracer » 02 Mar 2023, 9:09 am

northdude wrote:So the guy at the local bottle shop is a killer as well?

The worst, he's killing innocent people.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 02 Mar 2023, 11:44 am

Toadstool wrote:What do you mean child murdering drug dealer? I didn't see anything in the article about that. Unless you're saying all drug dealers are kid killers for supplying drugs or something :/ That would make fast food workers child killers too. Just a slower way of doing it :P

A fairly idiotic statement, last time I looked fast food wasn't illegal, didn't attract Organized Crimelords, didn't cause drive by shootings and I don't recall any teens being found dead covered in vomit and faeces in a public toilet. ALL of that happens due to the activities of drug dealers if you didn't read in the article about what was found to indicate drug dealing then I suggest you go back to school and learn English Comprehension again.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 02 Mar 2023, 11:48 am

northdude wrote:So the guy at the local bottle shop is a killer as well? How about car salesmen? The supermaket and dairy that sells ciggarettes as well?? And the list goes on...hell even you local gun shop if thats the case

Yeah I agree I've always said they are fighting the drug problem from the wrong end you knock off a Kingpin another one takes his place Within a week get rid of the junkie users and the dealers have nothing
Even the coppers know this they don't even hassle or arest the dealers around injecting rooms way I see it government should release pure uncut drugs on the street every now and then and then send the garbage truck out the next day and scoop up the rubbish and dump it at the tip
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Toadstool » 02 Mar 2023, 11:55 am

northdude wrote:So the guy at the local bottle shop is a killer as well? How about car salesmen? The supermaket and dairy that sells ciggarettes as well?? And the list goes on...hell even you local gun shop if thats the case

Thanks, thought i was alone in my opinion =0

Im guessing by 'kids' they are talking about teenagers. Drug awareness has been a thing for decades at school. At what age does personal responsiblity kick in nowdays. Seems like it doesn't anymore.

Arn't all you guys demonising all drug dealers as child killers kinda doing what the media is doing to gun owners? It seems you want the police to go hard on them, bring in tougher laws to stop it at any cost. Sound familiar?
Toadstool
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Toadstool » 02 Mar 2023, 12:05 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:A fairly idiotic statement, last time I looked fast food wasn't illegal, didn't attract Organized Crimelords, didn't cause drive by shootings and I don't recall any teens being found dead covered in vomit and faeces in a public toilet. ALL of that happens due to the activities of drug dealers if you didn't read in the article about what was found to indicate drug dealing then I suggest you go back to school and learn English Comprehension again.

Cigarettes and alcohol arn't illegal and kill wayyyy more people than illicit drugs. I'll argue that organized crime is a result of these items being illegal and not freely available. And again, more teens die from alcohol related causes, so.....

Going after little drug dealers is stupid and doesn't fix anything.

The real criminals are the ones in government that caused all this to happen. The CEO's of tobacco and alcohol companies making millions from products that kill, but are socially accepted.

You sound like a big 'war on drugs' person, look how well that's gone.
Toadstool
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Mar 2023, 12:31 pm

I find it interesting that the precursor chemicals used to make the most problematic drug on our streets comes from an extremely limited number of sources yet the flow of these precursors to the black market seems unlimited with new record sized drug busts happening several times a year.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by deye243 » 02 Mar 2023, 1:14 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I find it interesting that the precursor chemicals used to make the most problematic drug on our streets comes from an extremely limited number of sources yet the flow of these precursors to the black market seems unlimited with new record sized drug busts happening several times a year.

Yes and I wouldn't mind betting those so called record-breaking seizures are sacrificial to make governments look good don't care what anybody says nobody can keep supply chains open and flowing like this without some kind of government help I will lay money the biggest producers to these precursors come from China keeps countries outside of China destabilised to appoint just look how much money the government throws at the problem with virtually no result this is why going after the dealers and importers is a waste of time you have to take away the market
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 02 Mar 2023, 1:43 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:The drug dealers we need to lynch are the ones sitting on super yatchs and living in mansions.

those ones have the money for expensive lawyers and buy their way out of trouble :thumbsdown:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by northdude » 02 Mar 2023, 2:37 pm

Obesity heart disease diabetes and numerous other health conditions arent linked to fast food etc??? How much does treating these things cost a country a year. And i bet it contributes to a few deaths as well....
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by womble » 02 Mar 2023, 3:19 pm

These are regulated industries with rules, regulations and standards that must be adhered to.
If they put enough toxic chemicals in a cigarette to kill someone then there would be consequences.
Likewise if a gun dealer sold a gun to someone underage and unlicensed.
Or if you sold alcohol to someone underage.
Or if a new car exploded. You can’t legally drive a car that’s not deemed safe.

Drug dealers have no such controls. They don’t care about quality control because there’s no accountability. The product will be cut with other chemicals many times before it’s injected or injested by the end user.
Bad batches happen. There’s no recall. They’re not removed from the shelves. They don’t care if the customer lives or dies because they have no reason to.

The precursors are widely available in prescription or even over the counter medications. Other chemicals in the mix can be sourced from hardware stores. Ammonia, solvents, battery acid, drain cleaner, paint thinners, fertilisers, dishwasher tablets and many many other options
It’s dangerous to cook meth or mdma but it’s not difficult. Dose’nt require much knowledge or training. Easy to make mistakes.
Easy to make a lethal compound. These people are not trained or qualified, they’re just greedy to make easy money fast.
Last edited by womble on 02 Mar 2023, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 02 Mar 2023, 3:34 pm

Toadstool wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:A fairly idiotic statement, last time I looked fast food wasn't illegal, didn't attract Organized Crimelords, didn't cause drive by shootings and I don't recall any teens being found dead covered in vomit and faeces in a public toilet. ALL of that happens due to the activities of drug dealers if you didn't read in the article about what was found to indicate drug dealing then I suggest you go back to school and learn English Comprehension again.

Cigarettes and alcohol arn't illegal and kill wayyyy more people than illicit drugs. I'll argue that organized crime is a result of these items being illegal and not freely available. And again, more teens die from alcohol related causes, so.....

Going after little drug dealers is stupid and doesn't fix anything.

The real criminals are the ones in government that caused all this to happen. The CEO's of tobacco and alcohol companies making millions from products that kill, but are socially accepted.dealt

You sound like a big 'war on drugs' person, look how well that's gone.

Because we’re fighting a soft war.
Look how china dealt with the opium epidemic when the British empire got the country hooked to trade for tea.
That’s how you fight a war on drugs. No prisoners. Dose’nt matter if they’re only small fry. Zero tolerance.

Yes tobacco and alcohol are government regulated. That put the drug dealers out of business after prohibition. That’s the other option. Many countries doing this with weed now too. In some countries you can get prescription heroin. No more heroin dealers and no more overdoses.
Not here. We’re at war. Drug dealers are fair game.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Mar 2023, 4:06 pm

bigrich wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:The drug dealers we need to lynch are the ones sitting on super yatchs and living in mansions.

those ones have the money for expensive lawyers and buy their way out of trouble :thumbsdown:

Yes, that is a serious problem with the legal system.

Needs to be fixed.

But probably much worse in most other countries.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 03 Mar 2023, 12:32 am

Having seen "the drug war" here in the USA over several decades, I only have solutions on either end.

One thing that worked for a long time was "3 strikes you're out" laws which put violent felons and drug dealers behind bars for life if they ended up in jail for the 3rd time on a violent or drug related felony. People often mentioned the USA had a high rate of incarceration and yeah we did, we put the bad guys away for good. And it worked. Over 3 decades violent crime continued to fall steadily.

Then a lot of democratic party state governors and Joe Biden said oh those laws are so racist, so many of these laws have been struck down or ignored and as a result violent crime has spiked and in some cities drug fueled bad guys just run rampant with no fear of consequences.

On the other hand there is a side that says find a way to make them legal but keep it separate from society and that way if people want to do themselves in on drugs they can but in some place where they can't harm regular people out in society.

Don't know if you guys have seen El Salvador, recently one of the most violent countries in the world. The president there declared a state of emergency and tossed a 100,000 gang members in jail permanently. The homicide rate is on track to drop 97%. Obviously the drug trade is a big part of funding those gangs.

In the end I don't know if it's a problem many want to solve because they all make money off of it, including the government.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 03 Mar 2023, 3:33 am

That’s true, the drug economy props up the real economy. Countries in South America would collapse financially and you’d have millions of refugees heading for the border.

Like you say the 3 strikes and zero tolerance works, but there’s been a lot of criticism long term. There are some policies from that we could consider adopting though. Heavy police presence in crime ridden areas that give no quarter for even minor crimes. So you target individuals before they graduate to committing more serious offences. And ensure they are penalised for the minor stuff.
You just don’t let them step out of line early and keeping getting away with it. The policies the US adopted we’re more complex than just the mega prisons and there are lessons we can take from them. Early interventions. You can write of the current generation but you have to prevent the next.

El Salvador. Well they deserve it. They’ve destroyed other people’s lives. https://www.aljazeera.com/gallery/2023/2/27/photos-inside-el-salvadors-new-mega-prison-for-gangster
Last edited by womble on 03 Mar 2023, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by northdude » 03 Mar 2023, 3:44 am

So its ok if something legal kills people but not ok if illegal things kill people. A death is a death in my books
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by womble » 03 Mar 2023, 3:54 am

northdude wrote:So its ok if something legal kills people but not ok if illegal things kill people. A death is a death in my books

Yep. :D
Well yeah pretty much.
It’s not ok if a drug dealer kills an innocent party.
It is ok if a policeman kills a drug dealer.
Well ok by me anyway :thumbsup:

Look that’s just my opinion for argument sake.
Dig a big hole. Pour all your drug dealers in, then fill it over. Build a school on top of it or something. I mean they would be useful as landfill at least. So that’s a win win.
Or maybe we could turn them into pet food. Some luxury brand kitty cat food. I’m justifying no increase in my taxes to fund mega prisons. Just throwing around other options, ideas.

If something legal kills somebody we address it. Might not necessarily be an outright ban. Might be better controls and better regulations. Ideally that way you prevent further death. Or mitigate, minimise .
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 03 Mar 2023, 4:20 am

Dog food made from public enemies would probably sell really well.
Feed your dog your enemies for the advertising spiel.
Might email El Salvador see if I can get a funeral contract.
Looking for investors
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics