iPhone 'Pistol'.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: iPhone 'Pistol'.

Post by northdude » 03 Mar 2023, 6:10 am

But its also the drug takers choice to take the drugs as well knowing full well the risks.
22 hornets and most things 6.5
northdude
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New Zealand

Post by womble » 03 Mar 2023, 8:29 am

Yes, but arguably people will take unreasonable risks to feed an addiction
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 03 Mar 2023, 9:09 am

womble wrote:
northdude wrote:So its ok if something legal kills people but not ok if illegal things kill people. A death is a death in my books

Yep. :D
Well yeah pretty much.
It’s not ok if a drug dealer kills an innocent party.
It is ok if a policeman kills a drug dealer.
Well ok by me anyway :thumbsup:

Look that’s just my opinion for argument sake.
Dig a big hole. Pour all your drug dealers in, then fill it over. Build a school on top of it or something. I mean they would be useful as landfill at least. So that’s a win win.
Or maybe we could turn them into pet food. Some luxury brand kitty cat food. I’m justifying no increase in my taxes to fund mega prisons. Just throwing around other options, ideas.

If something legal kills somebody we address it. Might not necessarily be an outright ban. Might be better controls and better regulations. Ideally that way you prevent further death. Or mitigate, minimise .

Going by this statement you seem to be saying the user, without whom the drug dealer would not exist, is unwillingly part of the equation.
That's nonsense.

Prohibition of alcohol did nothing but artificially create an opportunity to make organised criminals rich.

This was realised and prohibition was repealed.

Prohibition of other drugs has done exactly the same and has demonised millions of small time users.

Criminals are only involved because of the illegal status, if all drugs were legal and controlled by regulations such as those around the two most popular drugs, let's not lose sight of the fact that nicotine and alcohol are both addictive drugs that are agressively marketed, there would be no "drug crime".

The police are against legalised drugs for one simple reason, funding.

Let's spoil a good rant session with some fact, below is a chart showing the reality of drug related harm:

SmartSelect_20230303_100624_Chrome.jpg
SmartSelect_20230303_100624_Chrome.jpg (143.33 KiB) Viewed 696 times

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/subs ... ect-deaths
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Previous