Where is all the Federal ammo

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Where is all the Federal ammo

Post by K2bonsai » 13 Mar 2023, 3:02 pm

I have been trying to get hold of the Federal Power Shok ammo for my 6.5 creedmore for months now in Sydney but can't find a store that has any.... anyone had any luck or know where some may be sold in NSW?
K2bonsai
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Where is all the Federal ammo

Post by bladeracer » 13 Mar 2023, 3:45 pm

K2bonsai wrote:I have been trying to get hold of the Federal Power Shok ammo for my 6.5 creedmore for months now in Sydney but can't find a store that has any.... anyone had any luck or know where some may be sold in NSW?

Your dealer can't order it for you?
I know Federal .22LR has been difficult for a while now.

Thornton Hunting in Tenambit, NSW posted on FB a few weeks ago that they can ship ammo - I asked them about it but they never responded.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by SCJ429 » 13 Mar 2023, 8:56 pm

Drop over your brass and projectiles and I will put it together for you.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by JohnV » 14 Mar 2023, 6:06 am

I would say that the Ukraine war needs is taking up manufacturing time and space in a few ammo plants in the US .
The US Government has the power to compel most ammo plants into filling their emergency requirements and there is also Government contracts that they sign to agree to fill their needs at any time requested .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by rc42 » 14 Mar 2023, 2:09 pm

The days of picking and choosing between brands are over for some calibers, we're now in a phase of take what you can get and pay through the nose for it.

Hopefully things will ease off in a few years but the global economic forecasts are currently suggesting that it's going to get much worse than this.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by mickb » 14 Mar 2023, 9:44 pm

JohnV wrote:I would say that the Ukraine war needs is taking up manufacturing time and space in a few ammo plants in the US .
The US Government has the power to compel most ammo plants into filling their emergency requirements and there is also Government contracts that they sign to agree to fill their needs at any time requested .

The US has over 100 client countries for armsales, aka half the worlds countries(and a fun fact 50% of them are humans right abusers) and manages it without missing a beat. 1 war in a european backwater attributed to so many problems sounds more like post covid price gouging to be honest.
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by JohnV » 15 Mar 2023, 8:36 am

mickb wrote:
JohnV wrote:I would say that the Ukraine war needs is taking up manufacturing time and space in a few ammo plants in the US .

The US has over 100 client countries for armsales, aka half the worlds countries(and a fun fact 50% of them are humans right abusers) and manages it without missing a beat. 1 war in a european backwater attributed to so many problems sounds more like post covid price gouging to be honest.

I was not talking about "Prices " talking about availability .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by geoff » 15 Mar 2023, 10:09 am

mickb wrote:

The breadbasket of the continent is hardly a backwater. People have been fighting over that patch of land for centuries

The sheer volume of ordinance and small arms fire that would have been going on in the last 12 months should be a little more than a blip on the radar for an arms dealer
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by SCJ429 » 15 Mar 2023, 7:59 pm

geoff wrote:
mickb wrote:

The breadbasket of the continent is hardly a backwater. People have been fighting over that patch of land for centuries

The sheer volume of ordinance and small arms fire that would have been going on in the last 12 months should be a little more than a blip on the radar for an arms dealer

Umm, the GDP of the Ukraine is lower than Sudan and Angola and only slightly higher than Cuba. Backwater sounds like a fair description.
SCJ429
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by mickb » 15 Mar 2023, 8:44 pm

US arms sales worldwide in 2022 was 154 billion, Ukraine only made up labout 9% of that. There are 40 wars occuring in the world at the moment. Most levels of conflict are vastly understated, or at least no one gets the real figures until the relevant dictator is removed(if ever) or someone makes a hollywood movie.

Diverting domestic companies to produce ammo if this is occurring is strange as the US often just re-sells Ak-47's and various ball ammo from the global market. and there is enough of that stuff around to run ww3 :)
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Mar 2023, 7:45 pm

mickb wrote:US arms sales worldwide in 2022 was 154 billion, Ukraine only made up labout 9% of that. There are 40 wars occuring in the world at the moment. Most levels of conflict are vastly understated, or at least no one gets the real figures until the relevant dictator is removed(if ever) or someone makes a hollywood movie.

Diverting domestic companies to produce ammo if this is occurring is strange as the US often just re-sells Ak-47's and various ball ammo from the global market. and there is enough of that stuff around to run ww3 :)

Mick I think a many western counties are shet scared the Uk/Russ war will escalate.
They are stock piling. Just my 2c
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 17 Mar 2023, 7:03 am

Your right , many countries have increased their defense budgets and are buying more ammunition etc. Add the conflicts to it all and it has to put a strain on World production . We sporting shooters are the last people considered in the buying chain.
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by deye243 » 17 Mar 2023, 8:14 pm

We Sporting Shooters in Australia are .2% of the world market according to a seminar Nioa did a while ago .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 18 Mar 2023, 7:23 am

deye243 wrote:We Sporting Shooters in Australia are .2% of the world market according to a seminar Nioa did a while ago .

That does put it into perspective however it angers me that we make the best gun powders in the World but have to fight with other countries to get our own product and pay higher prices and suffer short supplies because of that competition and exchange rates . No protection for the local markets at all . A friend of mine in El Paso USA can get ADI powders easier and cheaper than me . That's wrong .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by JohnV » 18 Mar 2023, 7:42 am

The GDP of Ukraine is 198 B ranked 55 in the World so it's hardly backwater .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bladeracer » 18 Mar 2023, 7:42 am

JohnV wrote:
deye243 wrote:We Sporting Shooters in Australia are .2% of the world market according to a seminar Nioa did a while ago .

That does put it into perspective however it angers me that we make the best gun powders in the World but have to fight with other countries to get our own product and pay higher prices and suffer short supplies because of that competition and exchange rates . No protection for the local markets at all . A friend of mine in El Paso USA can get ADI powders easier and cheaper than me . That's wrong .

I haven't had any trouble getting ADI rifle powders, but I don't usually use the exotic stuff.
Is he getting pistol/shotgun powders there?

Thales also manufacture powders in Canada which I believe make their way down to the US.

I just did a very quick search for H4895 and Varget in Texas.
Seems to be US$35 per 454gm or US$77/kg, plus sales tax, or A$115+tax, seems like they're not getting it any cheaper than us, and as it's surprisingly all "out of stock" perhaps they're not getting it as easily as us either?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 18 Mar 2023, 7:54 am

Things must have changed then because some time back from what he said it was a bit cheaper . Don't know about pistol or shotgun powders . A lot of US prices have gone up . Victorians seem to have more reliable supplies . Last time I went to get some AR2208 I could only buy two tins . Don't know if that's all they had left or if it was being rationed . Even if the US is out of stock at this time their buying power still takes the lions share of production so at some point they will be in stock better than us .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Return to Centerfire rifles