Compulsory electric vehicle madness

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Compulsory electric vehicle madness

Post by Blr243 » 28 Mar 2023, 7:49 pm

If its true that fuel powerd vehicles are suposed to be phased out by 2035 , and i want to spend a couple of weeks camped on a remote north qld cattle property , how am i suposed to charge it ? Am I suposed to carry a generator and fuel for it ? And how dare the government force this situation upon me . Is one party more to blame than tje others , or are they all just as gutless as eachother ?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Compulsory electric vehicle madness

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Mar 2023, 9:06 pm

I may be wrong but I think its just major cities. And it's state controlled I think.

If its true its the end of caravanning as we know it.
Last edited by Oldbloke on 28 Mar 2023, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 28 Mar 2023, 9:07 pm

For a start they won't let you go and do what you just described you will own nothing and you will be happy.
Anyway It won't be long before they say that type of freedom would be racist
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 28 Mar 2023, 9:13 pm

Iv obviously missed the news ...
They can pry my keys from om my cold dead fingers unless they're paying for my new replacement ev's.
I hae 3 internal combustion engine vehicles, all of which will outlast me.
It simply wouldn't be an environmentally friendly move to waste perfectly good vehicles to be replaced by brand spanking new ev's
In the event I'll be needing a replacement vehicle, I won't be buying new because I refuse to spend big on a depreciating asset.
During these crazy times of inflation and supply chain issues you can buy new and sell your low km vehicle at a profit but that madness will end soon and we'll be back to the normally of loosing 10k of value on a vehicle the moment it leaves the lott.
My other issue with ev is battery life, battery replacement costs, low mileage between charges, inability to tow heavy loads, enormous decrease in mileage when loaded, wastefulness with no battery recycling currency set up for the batteries, long recharging times making long trips even longer, lack of public charging infrastructure, extremely limited choice of vehicles and as you've pointed out ... simply not fit for purpose.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Mar 2023, 9:49 pm

Relax Mate,,,,,,,,, our industrious government/s have it all in hand (apart from their c@cks)

Recharging will be simple,,,,, anywhere.
All you'll have to do is take a pollie with you on your trips, (house and feed them as well) and when you need a re charge they'll bend over
and you can drive the charging cable plug right into where it fits.
The resultant power uptake will be immense.
And,,,,,,,,,,,, do not despair,,, there's plenty of them to go round.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by geoff » 28 Mar 2023, 9:52 pm

Have you heard the news Cecil - they wish to prohibit our horse drawn carriages. The madness of it all.

Say I am to capitulate to their ruling and purchase one of these preposterous motorcars for my ventures to the northern queensland savannah...where does the Governor expect I will find his precious distillate? In the billabongs? I shan't imagine I can source the fuels and oils for such a beast in the uncharted country, shall I? No, for I can feed my horse anywhere the grass does grow.

That is all to say nothing of the newfangled vulcanised tyres....
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by yoshie » 28 Mar 2023, 10:29 pm

They just announced all long haul freight will go electric too.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Mar 2023, 10:38 pm

yoshie wrote:They just announced all long haul freight will go electric too.

Says he who lives in the "biggest power supply" venue of Orstralia.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Mar 2023, 10:46 pm

I mean,,,,,,, let's be realistic,,,, It's gotta/gonna happen.
But aren't they (govt) putting the cart before the horse ?
But, as per usual I think the pollies have got their heads so far up their R'se they can't see or hear anything anything except their own sh!t.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 29 Mar 2023, 2:08 am

By about 2050 we'll all be working from home and almost nobody will be able to afford to drive anywhere anyway. Everybody will be mortgaged into their expensive EV's that will sit in their garages going nowhere.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by JohnV » 29 Mar 2023, 7:11 am

The truly evil force in all this is the UN . They are the ones with all the plans to deny ordinary people from visiting the inner-city CBD's . What bladeracer says is right it fits their plans to keep you controlled in your zone .
Their plan has always been to create circular zones around cities based on your socioeconomic position . Poor people excluded to the outer fringes away from wealthier inner circle dwellers . You will have to get permission to cross into other areas and only workers and trades people , deliveries etc will be allowed . It's all being planned hidden within saving the planet and controlling pollution but it's main goal has always been socioeconomic separation . Rich people always want and have many gated communities so this is just that on a grander scale . If there is ant food shortages , electricity shut downs , water shortages it will all happen to the outer poor communities first . Do you have a smart electricity meter ? Well they can turn your power off remotely anytime they want but the Police station , hospital or rich communities down the road , their power will stay on . It's not a conspiracy theory it's already happening . They tried to force me to take a smart electricity meter but I refused and in the end they sent an electrician out clandestinely against my wishes but I had locks on my electricity boxes . I had to tell him to get off my property right now or I would break his legs . This proves that it's not about helping you it's about control and manipulation of peoples rights . Taking your guns away is also part of that control plan . UN is the greatest threat to our rights and freedoms since WW2 but people can't see it .
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Lazarus » 29 Mar 2023, 9:50 am

Oldbloke wrote:I may be wrong but I think its just major cities. And it's state controlled I think.

I could be wrong too, there's no links to back up the claim in the OP, but I believe the plan is no new ICE vehicles by a certain date, not that everyone has to have one by then.

As to "the end of caravanning"........

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 29 Mar 2023, 10:20 am

It might have just been some rubbish i read on the internet?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 29 Mar 2023, 12:15 pm

Blr243 wrote:It might have just been some rubbish i read on the internet?

Not everything on the net is rubbish, it's just not always expressed unambiguously.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Mar 2023, 2:05 pm

Lazarus wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:I may be wrong but I think its just major cities. And it's state controlled I think.

I could be wrong too, there's no links to back up the claim in the OP, but I believe the plan is no new ICE vehicles by a certain date, not that everyone has to have one by then.

Yep no new ones. But TBO I think ice will still be around. Just fewer and more expensive to run.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 30 Mar 2023, 12:25 am

Lazarus wrote:

Someone did a test here with the Lightning towing a trailer and got like a 100 miles range or something. Have fun with that. :lol: You'll be spending all your vacation camped next to an expensive charger. And people are wondering why electricity rates are going up. :lol:

Liquid fuels are not going anywhere.

Being in the automotive industry and also as someone that invests in mining and energy stocks for fun and profit, I spend a lot of time looking at numbers and data. I see a lot of problems with all this forced compliance of banning ICE engines.

1. It's physically impossible to mine all the minerals needed to do it. For China alone to go fully electric like they want to do they would need to mine the same amount of copper that has been mined in the past 120 years. Copper mining is very energy intensive, Nickel mining the same.
2. It's estimated in the UK that to go electric by 2030, they would need to increase the size of their electrical grid seven times the size it is now. Who builds it, who pays for it, nobody knows but they say magic will happen.
3. To replace an average 20 pump fuel station for liquid fuels, it would require 120 charging points with an electrical substation built for it that is big enough to power 31000 homes.
4. In order to generate all the electricity needed, where do we get the power from, nuclear, gas, wind, solar, coal, hydro, tidal, etc.? Each has it's own drawbacks and issues.
5. It takes 80 pounds of battery to have the same energy as a gallon of gasoline. As a result battery cars are heavy, hard on tires and roads and handle poorly. When their service life is over who recycles them and all the toxic chemicals?

Personally I don't see it happening. In the end I believe it's all part of the Malthusian plan of lowering living standards and freedom and reducing what they consider to be the useless eaters. I can't see it any differently because the utopia they present doesn't jive with reality. I ask people who have swallowed the electric pill in whole about all these practicalities, who mines all the minerals, how is all the electricity generated, who builds out the grid and pays for it, who recycles the batteries, etc. and they never have any answers for it at all, just magical butterfly generalities and utopian magic propaganda. Magic is gonna happen. :lol: :lol:
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Lazarus » 30 Mar 2023, 9:29 am

Wanneroo, you poor sad Luddite, you sound just like a horse breeder in 1900. :lol:
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 30 Mar 2023, 11:31 am

geoff wrote:Have you heard the news Cecil - they wish to prohibit our horse drawn carriages. The madness of it all.

Say I am to capitulate to their ruling and purchase one of these preposterous motorcars for my ventures to the northern queensland savannah...where does the Governor expect I will find his precious distillate? In the billabongs? I shan't imagine I can source the fuels and oils for such a beast in the uncharted country, shall I? No, for I can feed my horse anywhere the grass does grow.

That is all to say nothing of the newfangled vulcanised tyres....

Love it lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 30 Mar 2023, 11:51 pm

Lazarus wrote:Wanneroo, you poor sad Luddite, you sound just like a horse breeder in 1900. :lol:

Oh I am sure the EV cult crowd would say that, again ignoring the practicalities of all of this and the issues involved.

Funny you mention 1900 because battery powered cars have been around since then but they had the same limitations back then they have today. People think battery powered vehicles are something new but they have been around since the dawn of the automobile.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Lazarus » 31 Mar 2023, 9:09 am

wanneroo wrote:
Lazarus wrote:Wanneroo, you poor sad Luddite, you sound just like a horse breeder in 1900. :lol:

Oh I am sure the EV cult crowd would say that, again ignoring the practicalities of all of this and the issues involved.

Funny you mention 1900 because battery powered cars have been around since then but they had the same limitations back then they have today. People think battery powered vehicles are something new but they have been around since the dawn of the automobile.

You miss my point.

Things may start out looking like a non-starter, like short range EVs, but remember, the children of those who said Wilbur Wright's little invention was a useless waste, watched Armstrong walk on the moon.

Everything changes wanneroo, whether we like it or not.
I don't want some whining girly-man-vegan battery car either, I LOVE my big gas guzzling V8, so I totally get the feeling of impending emasculation felt by some over the issue.

Thing is, change is constant, some recognise reality and deal with it like adults, some invent plots and conspiracies to explain to their inner child that it's "someone's fault" that they have to change, to placate their feelings of persecution.

As to battery cars being around in 1900, that was also part of my point.
There's even conspiracy theories around their failure versus the ICE, even greenies love a good foil hat, but it was just economics.

Just imagine how they would have progressed with 100+ years of innovation instead of supression.

For those even remotely interested:

https://www.energy.gov/articles/history-electric-car
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 31 Mar 2023, 9:35 am

I think we'll have stopped driving long before EV's become viable. Seems a complete wasted effort to me.
How many kilometers do family cars do each year now compared to twenty years ago?

Lazarus wrote:You miss my point.

Things may start out looking like a non-starter, like short range EVs, but remember, the children of those who said Wilbur Wright's little invention was a useless waste, watched Armstrong walk on the moon.

Everything changes wanneroo, whether we like it or not.
I don't want some whining girly-man-vegan battery car either, I LOVE my big gas guzzling V8, so I totally get the feeling of impending emasculation felt by some over the issue.

Thing is, change is constant, some recognise reality and deal with it like adults, some invent plots and conspiracies to explain to their inner child that it's "someone's fault" that they have to change, to placate their feelings of persecution.

As to battery cars being around in 1900, that was also part of my point.
There's even conspiracy theories around their failure versus the ICE, even greenies love a good foil hat, but it was just economics.

Just imagine how they would have progressed with 100+ years of innovation instead of supression.

For those even remotely interested:

https://www.energy.gov/articles/history-electric-car
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 31 Mar 2023, 10:55 am

bladeracer wrote:I think we'll have stopped driving long before EV's become viable. Seems a complete wasted effort to me.
How many kilometers do family cars do each year now compared to twenty years ago?

And travel by what means? Teleportation?

According to this, in 2020 it was 13,301/year average.
https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/car-ins ... ril%202020.

It depends on where you live, someone in the city might drive 5km to the supermarket and back, for me it's 70km, I know people in the top end for whom it's 200km to the shops.

Your weekend shoot at Rankin, how would you achieve that without driving?
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 31 Mar 2023, 2:51 pm

Lazarus wrote:
bladeracer wrote:I think we'll have stopped driving long before EV's become viable. Seems a complete wasted effort to me.

And travel by what means? Teleportation?

According to this, in 2020 it was 13,301/year average.
https://www.budgetdirect.com.au/car-ins ... ril%202020.

It depends on where you live, someone in the city might drive 5km to the supermarket and back, for me it's 70km, I know people in the top end for whom it's 200km to the shops.

Your weekend shoot at Rankin, how would you achieve that without driving?

Where would we travel to? People are already unhappy with fuel prices, electric will be multiple times more expensive to travel. Nobody will be driving to any shops, you'll order everything on line and it will be delivered.
Rich people will still be able to travel of course, nothing will change there, they'll probably even be subsidised by tax dollars because they're so important.
By the time EV's are viable there won't be any shooting sport in this country.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 31 Mar 2023, 3:38 pm

You're very dystopian today Blade.
Think of all the advantages we'll be getting in the future, generated by the descent into general warfare in Europe. :sarcasm: :drinks:
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by womble » 31 Mar 2023, 4:49 pm

There’s no new world order agenda here.
Consumer demand is behind it. And demand exceeds supply massively.
When they are competitively priced. Can do everything better and cheaper than an ice can. Game over for ice except for collectors and enthusiasts.
But daily and utilitarian and commercial. When they’re more efficient and economical. No brainer.
Build me a 4wd ute with a 1000k range. I really don’t believe torque will be an issue. Priced under a hilux, cost effected and resale over 3-5 years. I’m in.
Until then no dice.
But it will happen.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 31 Mar 2023, 4:55 pm

Lazarus wrote:You're very dystopian today Blade.
Think of all the advantages we'll be getting in the future, generated by the descent into general warfare in Europe. :sarcasm: :drinks:

I just don't think my daughter and her kids have any hope of experiencing life as we had it growing up :-)

Back in 1986 I did just over 52,000kms on the bike, and have never matched that since. Now on the farm, I might be lucky to do 2000km a year locally including a longer trip or two. Hay runs are about 200km trips, the gunshop is 175km. If we have to go to Phillip Island or Melbourne that's a 350km round trip, usually more as we try to get multiple things done en-route. Now that my daughter has moved to Melbourne it's likely there'll be more trips up there, which may also translate to getting out to Little River for the Military Rifle Club shoots. The LERAA shoots will be about 2000km each trip, and I think this year might be eight or nine such trips with talk of additional practice days and even a shoot at another range. Even if I were willing to go into debt to own a vehicle I can't see such travel being viable in any way at all with an EV. The single biggest advantage with ICE just now is that a huge part of our population can actually afford to buy, own, run and maintain an ICE vehicle still, without mortgaging themselves to do so. Very, very few people can afford to own EV's, they have to rent them from banks via hire purchase.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 31 Mar 2023, 6:37 pm

Just make 2 stroke scooters compulsory and legal carry of swords
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 31 Mar 2023, 6:41 pm

womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 31 Mar 2023, 7:02 pm

My backup plan is jetting my holley for alcohol....
and blowing huge blue flames out the zoomies that will melt any soulless, plastic fantastic, battery powered geek-mobile parked either side of me at the traffic lights. When those lights go green I can slam that 1150 cfm dominator wide open letting the full might of the big blocks 632 cubic inches loose creating a roar so loud it'll have the average ev driver will instinctively covering their ears from the defending noise that's causing physical pain to their eardrums, I'll leave them in an eye watering wake of fuel rich exhaust fumes and tyre smoke.
Ill be having a little more fun than those driving a wanky toy ev. :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Lazarus » 31 Mar 2023, 8:39 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Lazarus wrote:You're very dystopian today Blade.

I just don't think my daughter and her kids have any hope of experiencing life as we had it growing up :-)

Back in 1986 I did just over 52,000kms on the bike, and have never matched that since. Now on the farm, I might be lucky to do 2000km a year locally including a longer trip or two. Hay runs are about 200km trips, the gunshop is 175km. If we have to go to Phillip Island or Melbourne that's a 350km round trip, usually more as we try to get multiple things done en-route. Now that my daughter has moved to Melbourne it's likely there'll be more trips up there, which may also translate to getting out to Little River for the Military Rifle Club shoots. The LERAA shoots will be about 2000km each trip, and I think this year might be eight or nine such trips with talk of additional practice days and even a shoot at another range. Even if I were willing to go into debt to own a vehicle I can't see such travel being viable in any way at all with an EV. The single biggest advantage with ICE just now is that a huge part of our population can actually afford to buy, own, run and maintain an ICE vehicle still, without mortgaging themselves to do so. Very, very few people can afford to own EV's, they have to rent them from banks via hire purchase.

Nobody's kids get to experience life as their parents did when they were growing up, that's just the way of things.

As to people having to get finance to buy things, that's been around since money was invented.
Even the rich use finance.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation