CZ Shadow 2 9mm Conversion to.22

Semi automatic and single shot handguns, revolvers and other pistols

CZ Shadow 2 9mm Conversion to.22

Post by sconnery » 09 May 2023, 6:34 pm

Hey All,

I have put a CZ Shadow 2 blue 9mm on hold in NSW awaiting my pta ( with 2 legal clips)
I have also gotten a .22 conversion kit transferred to the store.
This is my first handgun and I think I have chosen well.
But I think I made a rookie error.
Will the one PTA cover the gun and the conversion kit is an accessory?
Do I need a second pta?

There was a simmilar post here for QLD but I know NSW is a bit more strict on life..... :)

thanks,
sconnery
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: CZ Shadow 2 9mm Conversion to.22

Post by sconnery » 15 May 2023, 2:58 pm

I rang the stop i am holding the cz with and they confirmed one pta including conversion kit :)
sconnery
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by pchmm » 25 May 2023, 4:03 pm

One PTA for the pistol and a barrel form needs filling out for the conversion kit (by the dealer)

Keep in mind, that if you do not already own any rimfire handguns, buying the conversion kit will now require you to do 4 extra mandatory shoots for the rimfire category as they consider that a firearm regardless of the fact no PTA was required. I know, because I have the same pistol and kit and got a bit of a shock when I was informed of this by my club. Wasn't an issue for me though as attendances were paused at the time so I already had the required activities for both categories.
pchmm
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by parmo » 29 Jul 2023, 7:56 pm

Where did you get the CZ with he 2 NSW legal mags?
Im in the exact same boat in a couple of months I can get my first two PTA's and I wanted the cz with the 22lr conversion. I was concerned I wouldn't be able two with the rule about not owning a centre fire and a rimfire for your second 6 months of probationary licence.
It would be ideal for me to have the 9mm and 22lr so I could shoot steel and the standard matches.

I thought if it wasn't registered as another firearm it might be ok and thought you wouldn't have to do the mandatory shoots?

I will easily do the number of mandatory shoots for both classes each year but was looking for a workaround for the strange rule of not having both calibers during the second 6 months, I kind of settled on just getting the 9mm.
parmo
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Return to Pistols - Semi-automatic handguns and revolvers