Pigeon and Dove hunting QLD

Varminting and vertebrate pest control. Small game, hunting feral goats, foxes, dogs, cats, rabbits etc.

Pigeon and Dove hunting QLD

Post by bucks_unlimited » 12 May 2023, 11:20 am

Does anyone know the legalities of hunting feral pigeons and spotted turtle doves in QLD? I know in NSW you can but for QLD neither birds are listed as pests on the Dep. Ag and Fisheries website even though both are introduced.
bucks_unlimited
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Pigeon and Dove hunting QLD

Post by animalpest » 12 May 2023, 12:33 pm

Don't know the legalities of them in Qld. So long as they are not listed as protected (as native fauna are) then its all good.
Not all introduced species are listed as pests within legislation as they may not be an agricultural or conservation threat.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bucks_unlimited » 15 May 2023, 11:24 am

animalpest wrote:Don't know the legalities of them in Qld. So long as they are not listed as protected (as native fauna are) then its all good.
Not all introduced species are listed as pests within legislation as they may not be an agricultural or conservation threat.

Thanks animalpest! I did some more in depth searching to find out if these species are protected and my search led me to the WildNet database. Both species are listed as feral animals with no significance to conservation. I guess there's nothing left to do but get out in the field with my shotty!
bucks_unlimited
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by animalpest » 15 May 2023, 3:38 pm

:drinks:
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 15 May 2023, 8:50 pm

I am clueless as to legislation,,,, but I know from experience that these little buggers are certainly not in limited numbers.
In fact, they arrive in vast numbers when I throw grain out for our Guinea Fowl,,, and eat it faster than the Guinea Fowl can. :thumbsdown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Varminting and vertebrate pest control