Powa Beam Window Mount

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Powa Beam Window Mount

Post by RunRabbit » 23 May 2023, 9:00 pm

I've got a 245mm Powa Beam spotlight that I'm wanting to use out the window as it's too damn cold to sit in the tray and shoot over the top right now. I've seen the Powa Strut but wanted to know if anyone has one and what you think of them?

I'm specifically concerned about how well it will hold in place whilst driving over the uneven terrain of bushland and how well it will hold the weight of the big spotty? It says that it can fit the 11" but it's designed for the 7".

Any first hand experience would be very much appreciated.

https://www.powabeam.com.au/powa-strut-bracket-only.html
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Powa Beam Window Mount

Post by animalpest » 23 May 2023, 9:39 pm

I have one as I use a wagon for some shooting and because it has a roof rack, normal spotlight roof mounting doesn't work.

It works well, so long as you put it in the right place to be comfortable and have enough room to use your rifle out the window.
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: Powa Beam Window Mount

Post by RunRabbit » 23 May 2023, 9:43 pm

animalpest wrote:I have one as I use a wagon for some shooting and because it has a roof rack, normal spotlight roof mounting doesn't work.

It works well, so long as you put it in the right place to be comfortable and have enough room to use your rifle out the window.

What size spotlight are you using it with?
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Shooting accessories and equipment