What happened there????

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

What happened there????

Post by Westy » 07 Feb 2015, 7:22 pm

Went in to pick up my new t3 super varmint today and came home with a Berretta Silver Pigeon as well????
I'm not against spending a few bucks now and then but I think I finally met my match as the guy was talking about this shotgun and next thing it was coming home with me!!! Swapped like for like here in Queensland so didn't need a PTA...
New Tikka 1-8 Varmint with a Leopold mark 4 8-25 x 50 on top and a Berretta..... Told the old lady she can borrow them when she likes and she was cool with that!!!!! :clap: :drinks: :thumbsup:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Re: What happened there????

Post by 1290 » 07 Feb 2015, 8:04 pm

What happened was you had told the missers you were going to bring home a top quality shooter.

So you picked up the tikki, turned to leave the dealer and thought.... if I don't bring home a good gun I'll be in it...hence you returned for the Beretta :D

But the like for like BS is a scam... so you DO NOT INCREASE THE FIREARM NUMBERS!!! Just what the greens are angling for, they want to reduce the numbers but if they can hold them steady first... :evil:

In Vic, we visit the dealer, pick our new gun, dealer submits online PTA, we go for a coffee and return with PTA ready (just proves its a pointless bit of bureaucratic red tape) not likey likey BS!!

Dont forget national buy-a-gun-week during September...

Happy shooting
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Warrigul » 07 Feb 2015, 8:29 pm

Tikka- functional good quality rifle, very hard to beat for the price(I have a couple)

Beretta silver pigeon- pure class, I have one.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by brett1868 » 07 Feb 2015, 8:42 pm

I went to buy the Beretta but came home with the Akkar Churchill combo, 5000 LMR primers and 500 CCI 35 50BMG primers and still didn't spend what the Beretta would cost me. Will probably buy the Beretta if I get hooked on clay cause they are a class gun and reasonably good value.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by cruze82 » 07 Feb 2015, 9:49 pm

Nice work westy, I just got home for a sporting clay shoot and finisinhed cleaning my beretta you have made a goog choice

And here is me thinking you had no class :lol: :lol: :lol:
cruze82
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Herdsman » 08 Feb 2015, 11:00 am

Westy wrote:next thing it was coming home with me!

Poster of a sexy woman holding a shot a SP behind the counter? That does it for some :lol:
Shepherding bullets down range.

Tikka Hunter Stainless Fluted 300 Win Mag
Tikka Battue Lite .308 Win
Tikka Varmint Stainless .222 Rem
Herdsman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Grrzrr » 09 Feb 2015, 3:05 pm

Herdsman wrote:Poster of a sexy woman holding a shot a SP behind the counter? That does it for some :lol:

Not in these days of PC gone made.

You'd probably get sued for offending someone.
Grrzrr
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Seconds » 09 Feb 2015, 3:10 pm

It's happened.

I read about a mechanic getting done over after a customer walked into the shop area and saw a nudie calender on the wall.
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Centerfire rifles