Port Arthur media attacks on all social media platforms

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Port Arthur media attacks on all social media platforms

Post by pajamatime » 20 Aug 2015, 8:15 pm

I will be posting links to media attacks where we need to show force and numbers

Edit: https://twitter.com/abcnews/status/634290171693899776
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Port Arthur media attacks on all social media platforms

Post by Heckler303 » 20 Aug 2015, 9:32 pm

To put any of us down for being equivalant to Martin Bryant then these people go act like the irresponsible bunch of morons they are, the only real thing I'd say to that lot is they need to get a firm grip on reality. Lever action shotties like the adler aren't going to be purchased and used to do another PAM. How come they dont even give a damn about the ridiculously higher likelyhood of being killed by drugs, bad drivers, drinking, STDs or real crims? They are nothing but morons.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 20 Aug 2015, 11:21 pm

Heckler303 wrote:To put any of us down for being equivalant to Martin Bryant then these people go act like the irresponsible bunch of morons they are, the only real thing I'd say to that lot is they need to get a firm grip on reality. Lever action shotties like the adler aren't going to be purchased and used to do another PAM. How come they dont even give a damn about the ridiculously higher likelyhood of being killed by drugs, bad drivers, drinking, STDs or real crims? They are nothing but morons.

Because its not part of their Agenda, this is driven by Bureaucrats who have a dislike for firearms of any description and no doubt other groups behind the scenes - they seem to think that banning things will make them safer - which of course is a load of crap - but they will keep pushing that angle for all its worth knowing full well that its BS.

All I can say is be prepared for a good fight, cos its coming. Join the SFP and support them in the Fed election when it happens (they should have a candidate up and running by then - that's the only real way of fighting this BS is to have a political presence to have some power to help fight this crap :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 21 Aug 2015, 1:50 am

In order for their gun grabbing agenda to be successful, they need to view all gun owners as potential criminals. It's just how big government works. The leader of the Democrats here in the USA Hillary Clinton just admitted she is not interested in changing hearts and minds, and in fact does not believe it's even possible. She believes in the force of government, demanding certain behaviors under risk of punishment. That's how the Left is wired. Once a Right or a freedom is lost, it's almost impossible under such circumstances to get it back. Government, academia, international pressure, the judicial system, and of course useful idiots in the media all conspire against allowing freedom. But we have to keep trying with God and truth on the side of natural Rights and freedoms for mankind
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by GLS_1956 » 21 Aug 2015, 7:02 am

Pennsylvania Yank wrote:In order for their gun grabbing agenda to be successful, they need to view all gun owners as potential criminals. It's just how big government works. The leader of the Democrats here in the USA Hillary Clinton just admitted she is not interested in changing hearts and minds, and in fact does not believe it's even possible. She believes in the force of government, demanding certain behaviors under risk of punishment. That's how the Left is wired. Once a Right or a freedom is lost, it's almost impossible under such circumstances to get it back. Government, academia, international pressure, the judicial system, and of course useful idiots in the media all conspire against allowing freedom. But we have to keep trying with God and truth on the side of natural Rights and freedoms for mankind

Pennsylvania Yank, You hit that thumb right on the nail. Instead of telling the truth elitists and their media cohorts double down on lies and distortions. Our saving grace is our Constitution.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by pajamatime » 21 Aug 2015, 9:09 am

I got caught up and re-educating people and forgot to post more links =( sorry guys. I got through to allot of people though...allot of australians are just kinda "oh ok the media says we should be scared so i will be because I have no one to tell me otherwise." type approach to firearms and just need more of us to put the effort into really giving them a balanced education on firearms the media and other specifics.

just remember if we don't put the effort in the only education allot of them are getting is sensationalist media and Greens politicians lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by adam » 21 Aug 2015, 9:40 am

I'd be careful about saying things like "Just try and take them away". This only gives them more fuel.

Not reading all of the twitter link, but they have already exposed themselves. They have admitted that it's not the shotgun that's the issue - that they just don't like guns and they believe there should be less guns. The people on twitter have already admitted that they have an issue with all guns.

Therefore this argument has nothing to do with Port Arthur. And it has nothing to do with the particular gun they want banned. The argument is that they have an ideology and they're willing to use any means deceptively to meet that ideology. This is what needs to be exposed more
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 21 Aug 2015, 10:55 am

adam wrote:I'd be careful about saying things like "Just try and take them away". This only gives them more fuel.

Not reading all of the twitter link, but they have already exposed themselves. They have admitted that it's not the shotgun that's the issue - that they just don't like guns and they believe there should be less guns. The people on twitter have already admitted that they have an issue with all guns.

Therefore this argument has nothing to do with Port Arthur. And it has nothing to do with the particular gun they want banned. The argument is that they have an ideology and they're willing to use any means deceptively to meet that ideology. This is what needs to be exposed more

Yep you get it Adam, it's not about this particular firearm or PA, these people are just anti gun and will do whatever it takes to get them banned completely, then they will start on Bows, Knives, Fishing you name it. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bluerob » 21 Aug 2015, 11:09 am

pajamatime wrote:I got caught up and re-educating people and forgot to post more links =( sorry guys. I got through to allot of people though...allot of australians are just kinda "oh ok the media says we should be scared so i will be because I have no one to tell me otherwise." type approach to firearms and just need more of us to put the effort into really giving them a balanced education on firearms the media and other specifics.

just remember if we don't put the effort in the only education allot of them are getting is sensationalist media and Greens politicians lol

Agree with your comment, but, why aren't the SSAA et all doing more media work, like TV advertising promoting our sport?
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by adam » 21 Aug 2015, 1:25 pm

Yes - maybe it's time to play their game. Instead of trying to hold onto what we've got - each time they try and take a chip more away, we in turn don't just defend, but instead ask for a bit more back.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by huccl » 27 Aug 2015, 11:42 am

bluerob wrote:Agree with your comment, but, why aren't the SSAA et all doing more media work, like TV advertising promoting our sport?

The majority involved with the SSAA don't care as far as I can see.

For the most part they're a business which publishes a magazine and runs ranges to make money, not an industry body which fights for the rights of their members.

Not all, but yeah...
Browning A-Bolt M-1000 Eclipse 308 Win
CZ 453 Varmint 22LR
huccl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by David Brown » 27 Aug 2015, 12:11 pm

Solution http://shootersunionqld.com.au

Join the NSW group and get active as well as your SSAA membership, not instead of.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 28 Aug 2015, 12:14 am

they need to go national
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 28 Aug 2015, 1:17 am

Send some of these idiots on an exchange program to stay with me in The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for a couple weeks.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by David Brown » 28 Aug 2015, 8:13 am

they need to go national

They are, its not well publicised on the Qld site but they are in a few states and do have a national branch for the others.

Join and see.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 28 Aug 2015, 11:08 am

If they have a WA branch I will definitely look at joining
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia