Miroku Shotguns

Double barrel, side by side, over-under, semi-automatic, straight-pull and lever action shotguns.

Miroku Shotguns

Post by MidgetPenguin » 15 Sep 2015, 10:36 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, and new to shooting.

My apologies if these questions have been asked somewhere else.

I've joined up at a Clay Target shooting place, and am looking at purchasing a Miroku. Has anyone got an opinion on them?

I held one yesterday and really liked the feel of it, however I'm confused between all the different models (and I'm not trusting of sales people). What's the difference between (apart from price):
- MK10
- MK11
- MK38
- MK60

I want something that I can use for Clays, and out in the field.

My price range is up to $3500. I'm also left handed so I understand this limits my options :( So if you don't think Miroku would be good, please let me know what I should be looking at. I want something I'm not going to have to replace in a few years.

Thanks in advance
MidgetPenguin
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Miroku Shotguns

Post by aaronjo » 16 Sep 2015, 10:25 am

With a budget of $3500 I'm sure you can get a quality item. Personally I'm waiting on paperwork before I collect a CZ Redhead, was seriously considering a Miroku but considering the main use was for hunting and the price...I stuck with the CZ.

Good luck shopping!
Beretta 87 Target 22LR
Walther PPQ M2 9mm
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .223
aaronjo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by David Brown » 16 Sep 2015, 11:08 am

At around $3400 we bought two new baretta silver pidgin classic's recently.
The next thing to do is get it fitted to you by someone who knows what they are doing. Allow maybe $400-500.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bazooker » 16 Sep 2015, 11:37 am

Here goes, with as much as I know, I own a Miroku MK70, which I use for hunting and clays.

- MK10 - Sporter with old browning style action (pivot under barrel lump) and changeable chokes

- MK11 - new model Sporter with old beretta style action (pivot either side of barrel lump, lower profile on action) and changeable chokes

- MK38 - Older style trap gun with fixed chokes?

- MK60 ????

Others may know a bit more.

Baz.
It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze........Relax!
Bazooker
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 17 Sep 2015, 2:31 pm

I own a Mk 10 and love it. :thumbsup:
Used both in field (mainly) and occasionally on clays.
Don't know if I'm just lucky or not, cos when I use it, it just seems like a part of me, and I have not had any mods done to it.

My Soninlaw has a Mk 10 also, and has used his an awful lot on clays. :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Sep 2015, 10:57 am

A fella on AHN (Australian Hunting Net) has a Beretta SP V for sale - pretty sure he would take $2500 for it as he need the cash ASAP - that's a bargain for the quality of the gun.

http://www.australianhunting.net/index. ... l#lastPost

A rare chance to own this beauty ! I haven't had any luck selling it so I am reducing the price and happy to entertain (reasonable) offers by PM.

Item: Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon V 12 Gauge shotgun.

Price:$2,990 or make an offer plus postage. <-- VERY negotiable, See my post at bottom of thread.

AHN Condition: Very Good or better.
I had never given it much thought but this has been rarely used and I very much doubt it's had any more than 1500 rounds through it since I've owned it. Possibly less.

Serial number: U15208B
License Number: 10069029-02
Transfer Through: Buyers choice in Brisbane.

Description:

This is the highly desirable Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon V O/U sporting shotgun.
These come to the market rarely, so take this opportunity !

Specs:
Barrel length 30" / 76 cm
Chamber 3" / 76 mm
Choke: Mobilchoke (5)
Gauge 12
Lylium Engraving
Rib 6x6
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Sep 2015, 11:00 am

David Brown wrote:Image

At around $3400 we bought two new baretta silver pidgin classic's recently.
The next thing to do is get it fitted to you by someone who knows what they are doing. Allow maybe $400-500.

If you are in Melbourne or are willing to fly/drive down Beretta offer a free fitting service when you buy a Beretta shotgun :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 18 Sep 2015, 11:05 am

I own a Beretta SP1 myself - great guns for the $$$.

I decided to go in one of the comps at the local gun club (never shot shotguns much before this) and came 2nd in my class "C" and only missed first place by 1 clay.

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by David Brown » 19 Sep 2015, 9:17 am

You only ever miss 1st place by one clay. Thats what it takes ;-)

Nice gun you have there!

We are yet to do a competition, I need to get bad at wasting ammo first. My local gun shop folk are shotgun nuts, one is at State titles right now and the other on his way to Texas for some international event. I just hope we can learn a few tips from them :-)
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Harronek » 24 Sep 2015, 7:25 am

MidgetPenguin wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, and new to shooting.

My apologies if these questions have been asked somewhere else.

I've joined up at a Clay Target shooting place, and am looking at purchasing a Miroku. Has anyone got an opinion on them?

I held one yesterday and really liked the feel of it, however I'm confused between all the different models (and I'm not trusting of sales people). What's the difference between (apart from price):
- MK10
- MK11
- MK38
- MK60

I want something that I can use for Clays, and out in the field.

My price range is up to $3500. I'm also left handed so I understand this limits my options :( So if you don't think Miroku would be good, please let me know what I should be looking at. I want something I'm not going to have to replace in a few years.

Thanks in advance

You mention holding a Miroku , but did you shoot it ?
If your club is like any that I've been to then I'm sure that people will let you have a shot with a variety of different guns .
Miroku's are great guns , I shot a MK 10 for years and it never let me down , but the most important thing with shotguns is the fit and balance . Those things are much more essential than the name on the barrels . Ask if you can try a few different guns in your price range . Don't go trying the upper end P and K guns just yet , just stick with the guns you can afford . Your budget is perfectly placed to find a really good gun , you just need to make sure what you do end up buying is a gun that you will happily and confidently shoot for years . The biggest mistake people make with shotguns is they swap and change thinking a new gun will make them better shots , they would be better spending the money on more targets and ammo .
Get a gun that suits and FITS you and shoot it until you wear it out .
Try before you buy .

Good luck.

Ken
A designer knows they have achieved perfection , not when there is nothing left to add , but when there is nothing left to take away .
Harronek
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Seik » 01 Oct 2015, 9:51 am

Harronek wrote:You mention holding a Miroku , but did you shoot it ?

I think they frown on giving one a shot inside gun stores :allegedly:

:lol:
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 07 Feb 2016, 4:10 pm

Seik wrote:
Harronek wrote:You mention holding a Miroku , but did you shoot it ?

I think they frown on giving one a shot inside gun stores :allegedly:

:lol:

If memory serves me right ...

Didn't Horsley Park Gunshop have an inside shooting range of sorts, back in the 'Peter Abela' days ?
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by MR. WINCHESTER » 07 Feb 2016, 4:26 pm

I've owned 2 Miroku shotguns ...

The first was a Model 9000 Sporter, Grade 1 ( with Grade 5 timber )

It belted the snot out of me !

I asked a stockmaker what could possibly be the cause; answer: "the pitch was wrong".
Instead of f**king around with the stock, I chose to trade it on a Beretta.

The 2nd Miroku was a Grade 5, Model 10 Sporter.

I couldn't live with the 'cheap s**ty engraving' and the course 'vulgar' checkering ...

Sold that gun for a loss and was glad to be rid of it !

P.S. I think Miroku firearms are generally of good quality ( I also have several Miroku made Winchester rifles ) but, as I'm a fussy prick .... the shotguns I've had experience with, 'just didn't cut it".
MR. WINCHESTER
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 07 Feb 2016, 10:00 pm

happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Nick_n » 22 Jul 2018, 11:34 am

For trap shooting
Which model would be preferable ? A Miroku Model 10 Trap 30" or a Miroku Model 38 G5 Trap gun .
Any advice would be appreciated.
Nick_n
Recruit
Recruit

Other

Post by Bills Shed » 23 Jul 2018, 8:46 am

Owned a miroku 10 for years, mainly hunting and 5 stand clays. It was a work horse and not a, can not get it wet, it only shoots clays, pretty gun like those berettas. :drinks: ( read (pot stirring). I had no dramas with it and I am left handed as well. It has a straight stock so that worked for me. Get it fitted and it will not let you down. I would prefer a mechanical trigger opposed to the inertia type fitted but they worked and never let me down.

Bill
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by av1 » 23 Jul 2018, 10:10 pm

I own a Miroku MK 70 sporting and use it for clays, if you get real good at clays then you may wish to buy a dedicated clay gun, but for my use I find the Miroku very hard to beat. If you find that clay shooting is not your thing the Miroku Mk70 will be easy to sell or trade. I am more interested in build quality than fancy engraving that will not improve your clay or field shooting and would rather put the money into quality chokes, I use half and full Briley chokes. Hope this info helps.
av1
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by hunting99 » 24 Jul 2018, 9:23 pm

Got a MK70 never had a problem used manly for hunting
hunting99
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Shotguns - 12 gauge, 28 gauge, 410 bore etc.