Liberty Tree

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Liberty Tree

Post by Stoney » 27 Dec 2018, 8:03 pm

F*ck me, have you ever looked at the milsurps on Liberty Tree? The Yanks are the luckiest bastards ever. Nothing over $800. Did I say lucky bastards?
Stoney
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Liberty Tree

Post by pomemax » 27 Dec 2018, 9:16 pm

a link case you would like to look
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/p ... Category=8
I like the reference section
pomemax
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Wombat » 27 Dec 2018, 9:45 pm

Lucky in some ways, not in others. We are better off in almost every way except firearms laws. Australia is the only country in the world where there is a greater number of US migrants than our citizens migrating there.
Wombat
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 27 Dec 2018, 10:18 pm

Wombat wrote:Lucky in some ways, not in others. We are better off in almost every way except firearms laws. Australia is the only country in the world where there is a greater number of US migrants than our citizens migrating there.

Got any hard evidence of that mate? Have you ever lived in America? I have.
Stoney
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 27 Dec 2018, 10:33 pm

Which part?
Wombat
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 27 Dec 2018, 10:35 pm

Australia is the only country in the world where there is a greater number of US migrants than our citizens migrating there.
Stoney
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by wrenchman » 28 Dec 2018, 1:00 am

i dont want you to think i dont like your country in any way but i will stay here i just wish more libs would leave here.
As a country that has a population less then some of our citys i can see the draw and there is not a shooting sport here that you guys dont put in a good show and are well regarded as a countery of rifle men.
wrenchman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

United States of America

Post by bigfellascott » 28 Dec 2018, 8:16 am

Stoney wrote:
Wombat wrote:Lucky in some ways, not in others. We are better off in almost every way except firearms laws. Australia is the only country in the world where there is a greater number of US migrants than our citizens migrating there.

Got any hard evidence of that mate? Have you ever lived in America? I have.

We've got better Beer.
We can spotlight
We can hunt Deer all year round
We can hunt all year round
No Tags for anything and everything ya shoot
Better Medicare System
Better Food (ie meat that isn't force fed that grain crap they give em over there)
Ya don't get shot at every five mines over here (joking)
Better job security etc
Better Welfare System
And probably a heap more reasons too. :D

It's an overrated ****** as far as I'm concerned and it's got me f***ed why the world revolves around it to be honest, it's a cesspit for arseholes and nutjobs as far as I can tell. :unknown: :drinks:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by JimTom » 28 Dec 2018, 8:55 am

I had the privilege to be deployed on Military operations with an American unit several times.
Since then I travel to the USA for work purposes and to be honest mate, they are some of the nicest, accomodating people I have ever met.
That’s just my personal experience. Of course d1ckheads exist in every country.
“Shoot straight you bastards, don’t make a mess of it.”
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by JimTom » 28 Dec 2018, 8:57 am

It would be disappointing to see this thread turn into a USA bashing, who’s better thread.
We are all on the same side and have been allies for years.
“Shoot straight you bastards, don’t make a mess of it.”
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Wombat » 28 Dec 2018, 9:03 am

Stoney wrote:Australia is the only country in the world where there is a greater number of US migrants than our citizens migrating there.

That was on the News a couple of months ago, I'm trying to find the figures to prove it now.
You could always look for the figures to try to disprove it.
Wombat
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 28 Dec 2018, 9:16 am

Wombat
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 28 Dec 2018, 9:29 am

JimTom wrote:It would be disappointing to see this thread turn into a USA bashing, who’s better thread.
We are all on the same side and have been allies for years.

My intent was not to bash the US, merely to point out that cheap surplus Firearm prices alone do not make them better off than us in Australia in most other respects. :drinks:
Wombat
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 28 Dec 2018, 10:47 am

Wombat wrote:
Stoney wrote:Australia is the only country in the world where there is a greater number of US migrants than our citizens migrating there.

That was on the News a couple of months ago, I'm trying to find the figures to prove it now.
You could always look for the figures to try to disprove it.

G'day wombat, I wasn't having a go at you mate sorry. I wanted to read any article etc about it.
Stoney
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 28 Dec 2018, 11:20 am

G'day fellas, I fear I may have once again come across the wrong way :D It seems to happen to me a fair bit. What's in my head doesn't always come out the same in text. Basically I was just envious of the choice, availability and prices of milsurps in America. I love Australia, how could you not? Wombat when you asked " which part " were you referring to which part of America?. Once again I wasn't having a go at you. I had just previously had an exchange with a rabid anti-hunting loser on fb who was just making up nonsense facts and figures out of her twisted head and I was asking her to provide hard evidence. I was obviously still in that mindset. Any who, who would love to have a poke around in the Liberty Tree warehouse? I know I would :thumbsup:
Stoney
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Wombat » 28 Dec 2018, 11:25 am

Did you have a look at this link?
Wombat wrote:https://medium.com/migration-issues/why-americans-are-leaving-for-the-land-down-under-75bad6dfba39
Wombat
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 28 Dec 2018, 11:34 am

As far as it goes, if Firearm access and laws were the main consideration I'd probably move to NZ. Overall I'm more than happy to stay here, even though my Brother in the US would have easier access to a suppressed full auto submachine gun than I would to a rimfire target pistol here.....
Wombat
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 28 Dec 2018, 11:47 am

Wombat wrote:As far as it goes, if Firearm access and laws were the main consideration I'd probably move to NZ. Overall I'm more than happy to stay here, even though my Brother in the US would have easier access to a suppressed full auto submachine gun than I would to a rimfire target pistol here.....

Yes mate I read the article thanks.
Stoney
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation