Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by NSC » 30 Aug 2020, 4:38 pm

The NSC is aware that two hours ago SSAA Victoria issued a communication that it is aware of cases where LAFO's have had their licences suspended and or cancelled for alleged breaches of Covid 19 restrictions. SSAA Vic has in its communication indicated it is receiving legal advice and is apparently willing to engage in legal action.
Despite recent history between SSAA Vic and the NSC, the NSC thanks the SSAA for its announcement and expresses its hope that the two organisations will be able to work together on this issue in a spirit of goodwill and mutual cooperation to stop this newest attack on licensed shooters and our sport. We also thank Shooters Union Australia for its support on this matter and welcome their announcement to join in fighting this abuse of power by the Victoria Police Licensing and Regulation Division.


NSC Executive Committee
NSC
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 39
Victoria

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by rc42 » 30 Aug 2020, 4:46 pm

Post from SSAA today:

"Victorian licensed firearms owners would now be aware of the recent threat by Victoria Police Licensing and Regulation Division (LRD) to ‘reprimand, suspend or cancel’ licences of registered firearm owners who ‘blatantly and deliberately breach’ the current directives of Victoria’s Chief Health Officer (CHO). SSAA Victoria considers this threat to be an overreach of powers granted to LRD.

Be aware, it is no idle threat. SSAA Victoria is aware of LRD’s suspension/ cancellation of licences of firearms owners who have received fines for breaching the current COVID-19 Stage 4 restrictions. SSAA Victoria has sought legal advice and is reviewing these cases to challenge this additional punishment.

No other segment of society is facing additional punitive measures for breaching current COVID-19 restrictions. Yet again it would appear that legally licensed firearms owners are being singled out and being treated unfairly.

SSAA Victoria questions the legal principle of LRD’s threat and its implications for natural justice in Victoria. Why are the same standards and demands not made of Victorians in other sports or recreational pursuits?

If any SSAA Victoria members have been threatened with losing their firearms licence as a result of breaching COVID-19 restrictions, the Association would encourage you to contact State Office. The Association is ready, willing and able to fight unjust treatment of shooters.

While SSAA Victoria supports the directives issued by the CHO and the measures implemented to keep Victorians safe during this time, the Association believes the statement issued by LRD to be ill-considered. We also believe that LRD is acting beyond its authority and power in taking such actions.

Only the SSAA Victoria has the standing and resources to challenge LRD all the way to the Supreme Court if necessary. To do so, we must work with the right instance of Police acting beyond their powers and in a way not contemplated by the Firearms Act 1996. Any challenge we undertake must be convincing to the court."
rc42
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 285
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by TassieTiger » 30 Aug 2020, 5:32 pm

The potential implications here...is absolutely huge...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3596
Tasmania

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by on_one_wheel » 30 Aug 2020, 6:01 pm

It's pretty obvious that if your going to breach the covid restrictions either deliberately or inadvertently, then the next step for that offender would be to use their firearm for an act of violence :lol:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
User avatar
on_one_wheel
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2051
South Australia

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by marksman » 30 Aug 2020, 8:19 pm

l hope this goes further but its good to see

thanks for posting NSC :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by bigrich » 31 Aug 2020, 9:16 am

I don’t know what’s more shocking, the discrimination against licensed firearms owners or that ssaa is actually going to do something about it ..... :P

I’ve joined shooters union and am watching nsc Organization with great interest , we need more proactive representation in this country :thumbsup:
User avatar
bigrich
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2589
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by TassieTiger » 31 Aug 2020, 10:07 am

In response to Orders made at the previous directions hearing in late June, Victoria Police provided a written submission arguing that the Firearms Appeals Committee (FAC) does not have jurisdiction to hear our appeal against the closures. It claims that because the decision has since been reversed, there is“nothing (for the FAC) to see here”.

If I take someone to court or interfere with someone’s ability to produce an income or run their business and it’s regarded as frivolous - I am liable for bullying and open to litigation for frivolous harassment - why can’t the same apply here?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3596
Tasmania

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by bigrich » 31 Aug 2020, 11:44 am

bigrich wrote:I don’t know what’s more shocking, the discrimination against licensed firearms owners or that ssaa is actually going to do something about it ..... :P

I’ve joined shooters union and am watching nsc Organization with great interest , we need more proactive representation in this country :thumbsup:
User avatar
bigrich
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2589
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by marksman » 31 Aug 2020, 3:56 pm

TassieTiger wrote:In response to Orders made at the previous directions hearing in late June, Victoria Police provided a written submission arguing that the Firearms Appeals Committee (FAC) does not have jurisdiction to hear our appeal against the closures. It claims that because the decision has since been reversed, there is“nothing (for the FAC) to see here”.

If I take someone to court or interfere with someone’s ability to produce an income or run their business and it’s regarded as frivolous - I am liable for bullying and open to litigation for frivolous harassment - why can’t the same apply here?


this is a very good point TT and should IMHO be addressed
the firearm dealer from geelong who went through hell that has been mentioned, Rod Haugh has not that l have heard had any settlement, he stood up to the police bullying for years and has lost so much money through his shop as well as his health because they had him in their sights
there should be a cap on how much money the police can use to find someone guilty and their should be accountability for the people who are flogging these dead horses with taxpayers dollars, there has been quite a bit of stuff that has come out about the police and their enquiries that is not above board
everyone should be accountable for their actions :unknown: l know l am :wtf:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by Grandadbushy » 31 Aug 2020, 4:52 pm

If the SSAA does not get a good outcome from this then this has the potential to to flow onto other areas ie a speeding ticket -loss of gun licence , potentially any small problem with the law - automatic loss of licence, I'm with bigrich on this one i'm surprised that the SSAA took it on judging on past push backs on VicPol with gun laws, so have they got the staying power to see it through or are they just rockets in the night once again. I honestly hope they are fair dincum about this and do well because this will be make or break of the SSAA 's reputation and most people won't forget or forgive them from there on in. It'll definitely be the time to get it together and stand up against this BS against gun owners and show that we aren't the untrustworthy people they accuse us of being.
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 336
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by marksman » 31 Aug 2020, 4:56 pm

in Victoria you can already lose your firearm licence for speeding and other offences eg.. doing burnouts ect.. Grandad
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by Grandadbushy » 01 Sep 2020, 8:18 am

oh, ok then i didn't know that marksman, makes you wonder what this world is coming to.
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 336
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by marksman » 01 Sep 2020, 11:55 am

Grandadbushy wrote:oh, ok then i didn't know that marksman, makes you wonder what this world is coming to.


funny Grandad l said the same thing yesterday :lol: :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by mchughcb » 01 Sep 2020, 12:08 pm

Its where retired OH&S officers and Social Justice Warriors come together.
User avatar
mchughcb
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 354
Victoria

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by bigrich » 01 Sep 2020, 7:13 pm

marksman wrote:in Victoria you can already lose your firearm licence for speeding and other offences eg.. doing burnouts ect.. Grandad


jesus , anyone would they didn't want people to own guns :sarcasm:

if this was occurring against other sections of society their would be outrage and discrimination claims , c'mon NSC :clap:
User avatar
bigrich
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2589
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by bigrich » 01 Sep 2020, 7:22 pm

mchughcb wrote:Its where retired OH&S officers and Social Justice Warriors come together.


you guys need to clean house , not just politically , i think the public service sounds terminal as well ;)

you have a much better public transport system than brisbane but, buses are cheap and get right out to the outer areas , and you still have trams . all the brisbane trams ended up as a artificial reef of morteon island :roll:

but ,velcome to glorious peoples republic of victoria-stan , soon to be under CCP management when the "belts and roads" contract danger dan signed you guys up for :lol:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
User avatar
bigrich
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2589
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by mchughcb » 01 Sep 2020, 7:28 pm

As soon as that federal legislation is passed next week or so, the Belt and Road will be gone.
User avatar
mchughcb
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 354
Victoria

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by bigrich » 01 Sep 2020, 7:38 pm

mchughcb wrote:As soon as that federal legislation is passed next week or so, the Belt and Road will be gone.


:clap: :drinks: :clap: :drinks: :thumbsup:
User avatar
bigrich
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2589
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by Blr243 » 13 Sep 2020, 9:08 am

I’m aware that when people don’t pay their SPER fines the Qld government can take away their driving licence ......to me , it seems that they don’t really want to take away your licence , they just want the fines paid , and are useing this method to encourage you to pay up. .....could it be that in an effort to prevent the rules in relation to covid/ social distancing being broken, the government is threatening firearm seizure , purely as a method to, make us play the game and behave in the interests of our health and economies ? A 2000 dollar fine is unpleasant, but looking at the inside of an empty safe is very disturbing...yes sir. I fully intend to cooperate..... I don’t know. I’m just asking ... I have read very little of all this political stuff I normally stay out of it. Either way , I’m aware the government is a million times more powerful than me. And can crush me in a heartbeat. I try my best to stay on the straight and narrow. I don’t need the grief
Blr243
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2666
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by trekin » 13 Sep 2020, 10:41 am

Blr243 wrote:I’m aware that when people don’t pay their SPER fines the Qld government can take away their driving licence ......to me , it seems that they don’t really want to take away your licence , they just want the fines paid , and are useing this method to encourage you to pay up. .....could it be that in an effort to prevent the rules in relation to covid/ social distancing being broken, the government is threatening firearm seizure , purely as a method to, make us play the game and behave in the interests of our health and economies ? A 2000 dollar fine is unpleasant, but looking at the inside of an empty safe is very disturbing...yes sir. I fully intend to cooperate..... I don’t know. I’m just asking ... I have read very little of all this political stuff I normally stay out of it. Either way , I’m aware the government is a million times more powerful than me. And can crush me in a heartbeat. I try my best to stay on the straight and narrow. I don’t need the grief

Yeah, but they're not threatening to take away peoples driving licences, or fishing licences, or pub licences ETC.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
User avatar
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 767
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by Grandadbushy » 13 Sep 2020, 11:04 am

I some what agree with Blr in a way , they are using the gun licence removal issue to force people to comply with the covid laws, its all about control with the government to cover their ever increasing stuff ups, As far as the people go well my old grandad said, '' If you have a dog tied up and kick him every time you walk past him or when you've had a bad day, then it's only a matter of time before he will bite you'', and i think the people have been kicked enough and are waking up to the governments, and i predict that the people will move away from the big parties in droves and will start voting for the smaller parties, this covid thing has really opened peoples eyes up to the blundering of the pollies, lies, back scratching and the loss of rights forced upon us, all the smart thinkers know that when all this is over there will be a huge grab back from the government to replace revenue loss in this covid crisis and we know who will be paying and it won't be the past Prime ministers who are still being paid in their retirements as well as their super or the parliment members and pollies , no it'll be the people as usual, so now i wonder whether the Australian people will vote with their heads and not their pockets because if they don't those pockets are going to be empty , and we'll loose many more rights for quiet awhile in the future.
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 336
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by bigrich » 13 Sep 2020, 11:27 am

Grandadbushy wrote:I some what agree with Blr in a way , they are using the gun licence removal issue to force people to comply with the covid laws, its all about control with the government to cover their ever increasing stuff ups, As far as the people go well my old grandad said, '' If you have a dog tied up and kick him every time you walk past him or when you've had a bad day, then it's only a matter of time before he will bite you'', and i think the people have been kicked enough and are waking up to the governments, and i predict that the people will move away from the big parties in droves and will start voting for the smaller parties, this covid thing has really opened peoples eyes up to the blundering of the pollies, lies, back scratching and the loss of rights forced upon us, all the smart thinkers know that when all this is over there will be a huge grab back from the government to replace revenue loss in this covid crisis and we know who will be paying and it won't be the past Prime ministers who are still being paid in their retirements as well as their super or the parliment members and pollies , no it'll be the people as usual, so now i wonder whether the Australian people will vote with their heads and not their pockets because if they don't those pockets are going to be empty , and we'll loose many more rights for quiet awhile in the future.


well said GDB :thumbsup:

hey mate , have ya considered running for office, we could use a man like you :D

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
User avatar
bigrich
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2589
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by marksman » 13 Sep 2020, 11:37 am

bigrich wrote:
Grandadbushy wrote:I some what agree with Blr in a way , they are using the gun licence removal issue to force people to comply with the covid laws, its all about control with the government to cover their ever increasing stuff ups, As far as the people go well my old grandad said, '' If you have a dog tied up and kick him every time you walk past him or when you've had a bad day, then it's only a matter of time before he will bite you'', and i think the people have been kicked enough and are waking up to the governments, and i predict that the people will move away from the big parties in droves and will start voting for the smaller parties, this covid thing has really opened peoples eyes up to the blundering of the pollies, lies, back scratching and the loss of rights forced upon us, all the smart thinkers know that when all this is over there will be a huge grab back from the government to replace revenue loss in this covid crisis and we know who will be paying and it won't be the past Prime ministers who are still being paid in their retirements as well as their super or the parliment members and pollies , no it'll be the people as usual, so now i wonder whether the Australian people will vote with their heads and not their pockets because if they don't those pockets are going to be empty , and we'll loose many more rights for quiet awhile in the future.


well said GDB :thumbsup:

hey mate , have ya considered running for office, we could use a man like you :D

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:


+1 :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by Blr243 » 13 Sep 2020, 11:55 am

Good point trek in, actually very good point. I see more now that it’s a targeted response ......but it’s very effective as far as making me comply to covid rules. In Qld at the moment I feel lik there’s stuff all restrictions affecting me. It’s tons easy to comply with the rules. But in Victoria where there’s a stack of rules and restrictions it must be hell , and no real idea of how much longer it will continue
Blr243
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2666
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by trekin » 13 Sep 2020, 12:24 pm

Blr243 wrote:Good point trek in, actually very good point. I see more now that it’s a targeted response ......but it’s very effective as far as making me comply to covid rules. In Qld at the moment I feel lik there’s stuff all restrictions affecting me. It’s tons easy to comply with the rules. But in Victoria where there’s a stack of rules and restrictions it must be hell , and no real idea of how much longer it will continue

Fortunately, you ,me and all other QLDer's don't have to comply to this truely despot's tosser Dan's militarised police force's rules, being that it only applies in Vic, and you and me ain't going down there for awhile.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
User avatar
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 767
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by marksman » 13 Sep 2020, 12:28 pm

but hey wait for the exodus to beautiful one day when the borders are open ;)
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
User avatar
marksman
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3597
Victoria

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by trekin » 13 Sep 2020, 12:43 pm

marksman wrote:but hey wait for the exodus to beautiful one day when the borders are open ;)

Yeah, but only by the Victorians and New SouthWalshmen who have been stuck here since the borders closed :thumbsdown: , driving all over the State at 80KM/H with caravans in toe. :thumbsdown: You know the ones, the ones who are the loudest about getting the borders open.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
User avatar
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 767
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by Grandadbushy » 13 Sep 2020, 10:26 pm

Nah bigrich never ever thought of running for any office mate, I have thought of running for my life on the odd occasion because of the way i see this country being run, but ,'' where do you run'' ? Anyway i wouldn't be any good , i'd end up telling the truth, then i'd be kicked out just like Aunty Pauline, :thumbsup: :lol: no place for ''Truth Tellers'' in any Gov at the moment it would be career destroying :problem: , How about you bigrich you're up there with the common sense, or maybe marksman, TT sounds pretty switched as is Trekin, not Bill because he don't like my ''HERO'' Donald Trump :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: who is the bestus leader of mankind, Too smart for the smart people and too smart for the dumb people so he covers them all :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: Nah i'll just stick to shooting, eating, and mowing the lawn, thats my whole week no time for anything else mate. :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 336
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by trekin » 14 Sep 2020, 7:40 am

Grandadbushy wrote:Nah bigrich never ever thought of running for any office mate, I have thought of running for my life on the odd occasion because of the way i see this country being run, but ,'' where do you run'' ? Anyway i wouldn't be any good , i'd end up telling the truth, then i'd be kicked out just like Aunty Pauline, :thumbsup: :lol: no place for ''Truth Tellers'' in any Gov at the moment it would be career destroying :problem: , How about you bigrich you're up there with the common sense, or maybe marksman, TT sounds pretty switched as is Trekin, not Bill because he don't like my ''HERO'' Donald Trump :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: who is the bestus leader of mankind, Too smart for the smart people and too smart for the dumb people so he covers them all :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: Nah i'll just stick to shooting, eating, and mowing the lawn, thats my whole week no time for anything else mate. :thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Geesh mate, don't know wether to be pleased that you think I've enough common sense to be a pollie :thumbsup: , or pissed that you think that I could be a pollie because I wouldn't tell the truth :unknown: Nah, all good mate :drinks: , I get where your coming from.
I did actually throw my hat in the preselection ring, for the electorate we lived in, for uncle Bob's mob back when he first kicked off his Party. Sort of glad I didn't get selected though. Did, however, take on the role of campaign manager for the Party's two candidates from the two neighboring electorates, We lived on the boundary of the two, and they were small electorates. And uncovered a plot by the Labor Party to bring down KAP by seeding the branches with leftwing labor hacks and loonie greens during the 2013 Federal campaign. And it's not unusual to see me at the polling booth with my KAP shirt and PHON hat, handing out HTV for both Partys, or volunteering to scrutineer at the count.
This was my daily drive for about 4 years from the 2012 State election, minus the candidates magnetic sticker after the 20112 election.
DSCF0018.JPG
DSCF0018.JPG (237.01 KiB) Viewed 587 times

20130904_171429.JPG
20130904_171429.JPG (87.58 KiB) Viewed 587 times
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
User avatar
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 767
Queensland

Re: Important NSC Announcement re LRD and Licences.

Post by Grandadbushy » 16 Sep 2020, 6:54 pm

Treckin mate if that had been a Hi Lux you would have won hands down :lol: :lol: :lol: Nah mate just rattling the tin :thumbsup: You must be thinking down the same lines as me i liked the Katter party as well but now who do you vote for they all seem to do hidden deals with each other even Aunty Pauline i can't wait to see the results of the next elections state and federal :thumbsup:
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 336
Queensland

Next

Back to top
 
Return to Media and politics