I'm sticking to all my "original" Zeiss Duralyts and Conquests.
I even have spares sitting quietly in their original boxes in a safe designated for them.
I stopped buying Zeiss with the advent of the V4's.
It seems to be a trend with companies that manufacture all manner of goods (not just shooting related), to put out a product that is world class in quality, performance, and reliability.
Get a following, and a highly respected brand name,,,, and then go to Chyna for cheap Rse knock offs, but continue with the "name"
That way, they make huge profits selling 2nd rate goods.
And that is the beginning of the end.
One good example comes to mind,,,,,,
McCulloch Chainsaws.
Founded in 1943 and were in their days one of the best and most reliable chainsaw available.
Sold off in stages to various other manufacturers in Europe as well as,,,,,, you guessed it, China.
Still available in the distinctive yellow color and original name,,,,,,,,,,,
But the quality ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
And,,,,It's been proven,,,,, the most trustworthy females in my entire life were all canines.