Speer bullets - insane value and performance

Reloading equipment, methods, load data, powder and projectile information.

Re: Speer bullets - insane value and performance

Post by Wapiti » 09 Oct 2026, 5:54 pm

Didn't go well for you Fester?

I first used them in the 223 in some Hornady factory ammo in both 55 and the 60gn weights, and they shot so damn well I keep my eyes out all the time for the online specials from the big Redcliffe shop.
I don't hammer them, I only whack in 24gns 2206H with both 55 and 60, seated in to fit in the two Howa Mini short little magazines - can't seat them out to the lands - but they will print as good as anything.
I have a varmint Sako 85 that shoots them good enough to enter a target shoot, I reckon as well. Again, 2206H.

I only use them on skips heads and crows, so trying to get 223 for me to perform for bigger animals is just unprofessional. Sorry (not sorry) if that offends some.

In fact I could not see a difference in the Sierra Blitzkings in accuracy delivery, so I interchange both, and the factory ADI Blitzking load shoots to the same POA so we just interchange and they are identical in performance.

All guns and shooters are different, yes I know.
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3015
Queensland

Previous

Back to top
 
Return to Reloading ammunition