Tryhard logos

Bolt action rifles, lever action, pump action, self loading rifles and other miscellaneous longarms.

Tryhard logos

Post by Wapiti » 16 Mar 2026, 2:36 pm

Was sighting in a scope a mate asked if I'd see if I could wreck like I'd done with earlier Meoptas and their internal lubricants melting back in early 2010's models, and I thought I'd sort this out on the old night dog rifle.
I'd always thought it really lame that rifle makers (some) put stupid logos and stickers on guns. Worse are the ones that you can't get off.
A gentleman never wears big logos on his clothes either, the focus is on him and how it fits, not giant brand logos.
See below.
gay1.jpg
gay1.jpg (698.25 KiB) Viewed 38188 times

Almost as lame are the wannabe's who do this:
gay2.jpg
gay2.jpg (44.66 KiB) Viewed 38188 times

Or pretend they are cowboys and wear lame stuff like this:
gay3.jpg
gay3.jpg (411.09 KiB) Viewed 38188 times

scratchy2.jpg
scratchy2.jpg (696.5 KiB) Viewed 38188 times

So off the floorplate came, and to my horror the quality of the casting was awful, rough hacking grind marks, yeech. I guess you get what you pay for.
scratchy.jpg
scratchy.jpg (697.61 KiB) Viewed 38188 times

So off comes the floorplate, and down to the sandblaster to get a hit with garnet.
The cheap silver paint came off with a whip, but the logo, man it was hard and needed a few extra hits to remove. A lifetime of use wouldn't have budged this ugly logo. Then, a nice coat of ceramic "metallic medium silver" and a bake and who'd ever know.
refinished.jpg
refinished.jpg (691.38 KiB) Viewed 38188 times

I'm off to refine my tig welding on some titanium I'm messing with this arvo.
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3002
Queensland

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by bigrich » 16 Mar 2026, 4:53 pm

those RM cow horns are on every second four-by in the city mate :D .

only sticker i got on my toyota is the Eureka stockade rebel flag , and the one that tells me when my wheel alignment is due :lol:
bigrich
General
General
 
Posts: 6600
Queensland

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by Wapiti » 17 Mar 2026, 7:48 am

Yeah I'd figured you knew what that Eureka flag stood for mate but kept it to meself!
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3002
Queensland

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by bigrich » 17 Mar 2026, 9:17 am

Wapiti wrote:Yeah I'd figured you knew what that Eureka flag stood for mate but kept it to meself!


Yeah, I don’t subscribe to the union movement using the eureka flag. It symbolises rebellion against tyranny to me. Not the communist attitude of some unions
bigrich
General
General
 
Posts: 6600
Queensland

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by Blackened » 17 Mar 2026, 9:40 am

It amazes me the number of 'The Punisher' skull logos you still see around.

After plinking for a bit at the range with your .22lr, you're popping off to the western suburbs for some vigilante justice on Sydney's underworld, are you?

Right then :unknown:
User avatar
Blackened
Moderator
 
New South Wales

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by Blackened » 17 Mar 2026, 9:49 am

Saw my first Lone Wolf and 1% patch combo in a while recently, too.

That's another good one. Like you need to specifically advertise you're not part of something :lol:
User avatar
Blackened
Moderator
 
New South Wales

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by Bugman » 17 Mar 2026, 10:55 am

Me thinks I will stick with my Yosemite Sam decal on my vehicle ;)
User avatar
Bugman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 1639
New South Wales

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by bigrich » 17 Mar 2026, 12:17 pm

Bugman wrote:Me thinks I will stick with my Yosemite Sam decal on my vehicle ;)


So long as you don’t yell and drive like Yosemite Sam…. lol
bigrich
General
General
 
Posts: 6600
Queensland

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by bigrich » 17 Mar 2026, 12:21 pm

Blackened wrote:It amazes me the number of 'The Punisher' skull logos you still see around.

After plinking for a bit at the range with your .22lr, you're popping off to the western suburbs for some vigilante justice on Sydney's underworld, are you?

Right then :unknown:


It’s funny how things like stickers on a car can become a “fad” like the punisher skull.

I’m thinking I might put a “red ensign “ Australian flag on the back of my for to go with my eureka flag sticker. “Up Australia!”
bigrich
General
General
 
Posts: 6600
Queensland

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by Wapiti » 17 Mar 2026, 5:22 pm

I used to run about with an Owen Guns made sticker- had an Aussie flag with the words "if you don't love it, LEAVE"
But it fell off and that was a few vehicles ago.
Only got compliments from it, never any grief from the weakies.
"The only way to avoid criticism is to do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing."
Aristotle.
Regards G,
AKA Dr. Doolittle
Wapiti
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 3002
Queensland

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by bigrich » 18 Mar 2026, 4:00 am

Wapiti wrote:I used to run about with an Owen Guns made sticker- had an Aussie flag with the words "if you don't love it, LEAVE"
But it fell off and that was a few vehicles ago.
Only got compliments from it, never any grief from the weakies.


now that's a sticker i can agree with :D

loyalty , and pride for this nation has been eroded by leftism , and a underlying shift to be a "global citizen" rather than being a australian citizen. comments on a sticker with those words would vary depending on where you are in this country these days . inner city melbourne would likely draw comments of racist or fascist, where i live would probably get you a "good on ya mate " :D

i've had a idea for my own sticker with a bit of sarcasm , "support communism , buy a chinese made car and vote labour" :D
bigrich
General
General
 
Posts: 6600
Queensland

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by CJRBOLTGUN1 » 07 Oct 2026, 4:30 pm

bit like when people name s**t and put signage on it to let others know ,i just see it as the d**khead factor, was watching crap toob this morning and saw a begara with a custom sticker down the side that said Boogeyman ,like really ........HELLO d**khead
CJRBOLTGUN1
Private
Private
 
Posts: 61
Queensland

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by mickb » 08 Oct 2026, 1:52 am

I find it funny all the custom number plates these days. In the nearest city it seems half the cars have one.
mickb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 1551
Other

Re: Tryhard logos

Post by bigrich » 08 Oct 2026, 4:32 am

mickb wrote:I find it funny all the custom number plates these days. In the nearest city it seems half the cars have one.


i dunno , maybe i'm generalising here , put people with personalised plates seem to be insecure , shallow , attention seekers most of the time . at least that's the case with the ones i've met :P . only plates I've had "customised" were the original black and white plates on my last hot rod HQ premier . no particular meaning , OBD704 . number code fits with a febuary 1973 build HQ . one of my mates joked it stood for "old brown dunger, number 704" :lol: . it got repainted a light mercedes metallic gold , kept the white roof :thumbsup:

haven't seen too much of a sticker trend lately , cost of living impact i suppose :unknown:
bigrich
General
General
 
Posts: 6600
Queensland


Back to top
 
Return to Centerfire rifles