


Wapiti wrote:Yeah I'd figured you knew what that Eureka flag stood for mate but kept it to meself!



Bugman wrote:Me thinks I will stick with my Yosemite Sam decal on my vehicle

Blackened wrote:It amazes me the number of 'The Punisher' skull logos you still see around.
After plinking for a bit at the range with your .22lr, you're popping off to the western suburbs for some vigilante justice on Sydney's underworld, are you?
Right then


Wapiti wrote:I used to run about with an Owen Guns made sticker- had an Aussie flag with the words "if you don't love it, LEAVE"
But it fell off and that was a few vehicles ago.
Only got compliments from it, never any grief from the weakies.



mickb wrote:I find it funny all the custom number plates these days. In the nearest city it seems half the cars have one.


mickb wrote:I find it funny all the custom number plates these days. In the nearest city it seems half the cars have one.

Wapiti wrote:Are all gun buyers 17-year-old bogans now?


mickb wrote:I find it funny all the custom number plates these days. In the nearest city it seems half the cars have one.

Die Judicii wrote:mickb wrote:I find it funny all the custom number plates these days. In the nearest city it seems half the cars have one.
For starters, for what they cost, they must have more $$$ than sense.
And to top that off, the greater percentage of them are so cryptic, that many times I just can't be bothered trying to decipher their meaning.
What is the point of paying out the $$$ for custom plates, and then having some secret squirrel message emblazoned on them.![]()
I appreciate the ones that are "funny" tho.

straightshooter wrote:Wapiti wrote:Are all gun buyers 17-year-old bogans now?
The realistic short answer is NO......BUT nonetheless an awful lot of them do fall into the "monkey see monkey do" camp.
Stop and think for a while especially in the context of today's informal advertising opportunities via all forms of social media.
Once upon a time a certain amount of quid quo pro was needed to get a glowing review or conversely not get a complete drubbing by an "expert" writer.
Today anybody can brag about their 3 shot group in the 0's on social media and silently, in the frame, there's that big logo.
There is nothing new about this advertising strategy. Anybody remember Toranas with SL/R 5000 and Porsches with Carrera in huge lettering plastered across their sides or am I getting too old?

bigrich wrote:Die Judicii wrote:mickb wrote:I find it funny all the custom number plates these days. In the nearest city it seems half the cars have one.
to me , custom number plates are in the same category as tattoo's , not something i'd spend money on as i've got higher priorities , diesel , beer and bullets

fussy wrote:bigrich wrote:Die Judicii wrote:mickb wrote:I find it funny all the custom number plates these days. In the nearest city it seems half the cars have one.
to me , custom number plates are in the same category as tattoo's , not something i'd spend money on as i've got higher priorities , diesel , beer and bullets
Tattooed women are like grafitti'd buildings:
They look ugly.
They are easy to enter.
They are full of things you don't want to take home.

Wapiti wrote:straightshooter wrote:Wapiti wrote:Are all gun buyers 17-year-old bogans now?
The realistic short answer is NO......BUT nonetheless an awful lot of them do fall into the "monkey see monkey do" camp.
Stop and think for a while especially in the context of today's informal advertising opportunities via all forms of social media.
Once upon a time a certain amount of quid quo pro was needed to get a glowing review or conversely not get a complete drubbing by an "expert" writer.
Today anybody can brag about their 3 shot group in the 0's on social media and silently, in the frame, there's that big logo.
There is nothing new about this advertising strategy. Anybody remember Toranas with SL/R 5000 and Porsches with Carrera in huge lettering plastered across their sides or am I getting too old?
That doesn't have anything do with some of the very childish and suggestive names on firearms that, in a political anti-firearm time like this, gives the squealers the chance to use this in their favour.
People discussing their gear between like minded people and what they can or can't get out of it for others information is not the same thing by miles. In fact it's not even close - that's just a shot at others who do so innocently, or to back their words. Words are cheap.
It's also completely different from an agenda-driven journalist working for a supposed neutral publication representing a sport, pushing the same brands or things thing for personal reward, month after month. Reviews for freebies.
Yes I see the small link between the big stripes on old Hard-tops or the big logos back then, could the same be said for todays vehicles if you look around? Sure can.
Certainly not naming a hunting tool as something capable of "carnage" in this personally politically driven time of banning anything that offends. Personally as a marketing decision, it's childish, rather than in your face.
