I was searching the net the other day, to see latest recommended projectiles for hunting small to medium game in .224 calibre.
Have a neighbour who's sole centrefire rifle is a Krico .222 Rem rifle, and I was looking around for projectiles that have a bit more punch than the varmint pills.
He's considering moving to .223 rem(baby steps..), which would open up his heaviest projectile weight in reloads, especially if he goes with a 1:8" twist barrel.
We've had a lot of success on large pics with the 69gn ADI match factory loads for pigs, in both our .223's.
Obviously, the match pills arent recommended for hunting, but we've found they hit hard enough for large pigs.
So I was interested to see what my neighbours' options might be if he sticks with the .222; with somewhere around the 60-64gn range being the upper limit.
Amongst various reviews, I did find eventually that the Nosler Bonded core in 64gn might be interesting to trial if I could find some, but rather expensive per shot.
But in amongst the search results, I get this review from "JoJoReviews", titled "10 Best 0.224 Bullet for Deer"...
I'd be reaching for something a bit bigger, myself, though there are plenty of deer around the world who have fallen to a .224.
But thought I'd take a look and see what they were recommending....
WASNT expecting a Nutribullet blender as the top pic!
In fact; the top 3 choices took me by surprise.
I wonder if you buy a box of Nutribullet belnders, and then wander out into the forest and throw them at the deer??
All I can suggest, is that SOMEONE left the AI running the website, while they went on holidays...






